Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: yankeedownunder ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:12AM

I have been trolling this and other ex-mormon or mormon critical sites for about 2 years. I am still a member but I pretty much agree that mormonism is a sham. I have posted on the stay lds site and I actually thought that I could still attend church and still harbour my doubts. I can't do that, my wife supports me also and would probably follow me. I am American but have lived in Australia for almost 7 years now, and I really would like to talk to someone who has gone through the same thing I'm going through, I just need to see someone say it rather than reading it on the internet, I want to associate with people face to face who have left. I live two hours north of Brisbane (Gympie) so if theres anyone here who lives near me could you let me know? This is incredibly hard for me and I feel kind of dead inside as a result, its a huge change to finally just say "I'm done with the whole thing." anyway, if anyone from the Brisbane area is reading this, please reply. thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 12:17AM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 07:41AM

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 09:02AM

in the subject line. There are a couple of regulars from Australia, but they might miss your post if you don't catch their attention.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 12:20AM

And as always, use caution giving out IRL (InRealLife) info and do meet in a PUBLIC place.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 12:23AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 09:23AM

I remember that need.

I'm sure there are others who will help. Hope they don't live to far from you. Let us know how it goes.

Posted by: Aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 10:42AM

Australia's a big empty country.

Where are you?

Posted by: yankeedownunder ( )
Date: August 16, 2014 08:43AM

I live in Gympie, Qld. about 2 hours north of Brisbane.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 16, 2014 05:58PM

You guys got a place called Gympie? Man, I feel cheated now. Especially since Canada has a town in Newfoundland called Dildo.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 12:13AM

Balltown
Blue Ball
Intercourse
Virginville
Climax

/tj

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 20, 2014 05:18PM

...raise you one near me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bone_Lick_State_Park

You can't get much sexier than Big Bone Lick, Kentucky! And in the interest of sexual equality, it's right down the road from the community of Beaverlick!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 10:48AM

When I was at where you are now with your disaffection there was a terrible need to see an ex-Mormon who would listen and understand. There was a couple in town that offered such a service for ex-mos for a time.

I am eternally grateful for that meeting. They were gracious and let me bend their ears for four hours straight.

God what a mentally freeing/healing event that was!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 13, 2014 03:45PM

Posted by: Aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: August 16, 2014 09:19AM

I know gympie.

Currently in Sydney. Happy to have a beer if you find yourself in this neck of the woods

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 16, 2014 09:26AM

Foster's adverts in America say that "Foster's is Australian for 'beer.'" Is it? I don't think so. Foster's may only be Australian for "Budweiser," not beer.

I hope you two can get together. For real beer.

Regards.

Posted by: The 1st FreeAtLast ( )
Date: August 16, 2014 01:44PM

...did in April that may be of interest to you: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1235001,1235001#msg-1235001

Simon in Oz is Dr. Simon Southerton, author of the 2004 book, "Losing a Lost Tribe: Native Americans, DNA, and the Mormon Church": http://signaturebooks.com/2010/02/losing-a-lost-tribe-native-americans-dna-and-the-mormon-church/

He might know of ex-Mormons in the Brisbane area.

Good luck!

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 16, 2014 06:46PM

Until three weeks ago I had no-one local to talk to. Everything was either on this blog or at the Ex-mo conference last year. I live in a house of TBMs including my DW, though she is more NOM. Even at this moment they are at a baptism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 06:47PM by rhgc.

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 12:11AM

Dude - I'm a big Jonathan Thurston fan. We should talk on the phone. Tcrbachman@gmail.com

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 08:24AM

Hi
I am in Brisbane and am 2 years out. Happy to talk if you can make it down from Gympie.
I can email you if that is best?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.