Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 12:32AM

OK, who's doing what for Labor Day weekend? I'll start:

I'm heading up to Flowery Branch Saturday to see my sister's family and bring food for meal.

Sunday I'll go to Noshfest and check out the Jewish food there.

Monday I shall rest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: demoneca ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 02:49PM

I'm going to Dragon*Con! First time ever. Looking forward to it.

Date: August 24, 2014 03:09PM

demoneca Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to Dragon*Con! First time ever. Looking forward to it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be prepared to wait in long lines and have to deal with too many people in too small a space (I attended for something like 4 or 5 years, including before it lost 1 million sq. ft. of exhibit space) and I'll not go back.

Posted by: demoneca ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 03:49PM

I heard the lines were pretty long, but I guess I can expect the waiting to be super boring now :(. Once I get off the plane, I have to stand in a line with a friend for 2-3 hours to get my ticket...I'll probably be very tired. Other than the awful lines, were the events fun and worthwhile? Any I should stay away from?

Date: August 25, 2014 09:18AM

make sure you have your post card so that hopefully registration will go quickly. The last time I went, it was for 1 day. I got in line at 7:30 AM to pay for the 1-day and didn't get my badge until 11:15 AM.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 03:11PM

Working on Sat & Sun. Budgets are due on Wed. Going to the MN State Fair on Labor Day. Have to get my annual grease on a stick fix.

Posted by: readbooks ( )
Date: August 24, 2014 03:53PM

On Monday I'll be walking a 5k with a friend, watching a parade, and having a big bar-b-que lunch with the family.

Posted by: munchkin ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 12:52AM

Going with a friend to an island in GA and just hanging out for 3 days.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 02:40AM

I'm running a 5K race on Labor Day.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 06:52AM

We're going to Park City. We're having a barbecue one night, and eating at a nice restaurant another night. We're going on the Alpine slide with the little kids, the zip line, and the roller coaster with the older kids. A movie and a visit to a brew pub. Tennis, hiking, mountain biking, golfing for some, swimming, depending on the weather. I have to commute back to SLC for a few hours of work, but I don't mind. We live in one of the most fun places in America, IMO.

On Labor Day weekend, we will labor. We're going to paint and refurnish a room for the new grand baby! Good times! I'm kind of a workaholic, and am happiest if I'm busy doing something I WANT to do, but miserable at doing what I'm forced to do. Not Mormon material, at all.

Happy Labor Day!

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 07:39AM

Labor Day weekend, finishing the deck repairs and painting.

Of course there will also be bbq tri-tip and a party with brews.

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 03:54PM

Going to the Sounders game on Saturday and then the Reign FC NWSL final on Sunday. A great weekend of live soccer. Then probably have a nice grill on the back deck on Monday. And maybe get a bike ride in sometime over the weekend.

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 04:08PM

Going to an island off the NC coast for five days. Reading, biking, napping, walking, relaxing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.