Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 05:40PM

The media really addressed the depression side of suicide and the emotional pain of Robin Williams.

I had a friend who committed suicide. I had supported her for years, through her divorce, her mother's death (instead of living on a respirator for the rest of her life, she opted to be given pain medication and the machine turned off), her father's first attempted suicide and 15 years later his successful suicide (where he blamed his children for ignoring him, which was false). I took her death very hard, I felt that I had failed her. I knew she was very depressed and wished that I had contacted her sister and brother to arrange an intervention. She needed medication and inpatient care for at least a few months.

I had a dream where I met her but I knew she was dead. I told her I was happy to see her and I asked her if she knew what year it was, and she didn't. I told her she had been dead for five years and that she killed herself. I said that I was sorry for the pain that made her commit suicide and that everyone missed her. We talked about things, but I don't remember what. I asked if she could come back again to visit and she said she couldn't.

I think that is as much resolution as I will ever have for her death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iris ( )
Date: August 25, 2014 08:07PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I think it is normal to wonder what one could have done to change the outcome, and perhaps your dream was your subconscious providing you some solace. A nephew ended his life a couple of months ago. So very sad for everyone involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.