Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bbc_fan ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 02:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sassypants ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 03:21AM

Thanks for posting this. Personally, I'm glad that Kate didn't disappear after her excommunication. I find it peculiar that the church PR rep, Mike Otterson, states:

"We show a great deal of patience, because ultimately, frankly, there's a soul at stake here and we're concerned about that."

I love how he uses the word "patience" which almost paints it as an act of benevolence. Excommunication is a violent process and most of the men who carry it out are either too scared to rock the boat or too self righteously arrogant in throwing around their "authority".

John Dehlin's podcast with Taryn and Jason Nelson-Seawright is not only one of my favourites but also gives insight into what some men who participate in these "courts of love" are really thinking. You can find the podcast here:

http://mormonstories.org/jason-and-taryn-nelson-seawright-on-leaving-after-returning/

p.s. Go Kate!

Posted by: Anon for now, regular poster ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 03:26AM

They are identical to ones I got at age nine in 1955, except mine were light pink. Obviously, I wouldn't be caught wearing that style nowadays. To each his own.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 06:17AM

HE SAID IT!! OTTERSON ACTUALLY USED THE TERM!! "We often refer to these proceedings as courts of love," Otterson said. I've had other Mormons tell me that it is a lie that Mormons call it a 'court of love'.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.