Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 08:50AM

I've never met any TBM with any ethics. I mean, really, look at all the affinity fraud that come from Mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 08:53AM

My parents.

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 08:55AM

Neal A. Maxwell can be trusted, but he's dead and probably wasn't a TBM.

Posted by: Trust ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 09:00AM

If you take an oath to the church that you will sacrifice all including your life to it, then that will always be in the middle of any other relationship.

If someone loves you more than the church they are not truly living the Gospel oath -- and are not TBM.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 09:06AM

I don't trust anybody,, Mormon or not,,

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 09:13AM

You've got to be kidding right?

Added:
TBMs trust TMC, which is not human! Nuff said. It's hard to trust who gives up their own trust, instinct and power, along with their humanity, and even dignity to the BBC (BigBadChurch).

To answer your question, I don't think I can name names because most of them are conditional on the positions, heirarchy & changes. The church changes- and changes people and causes them to trust in IT and not in [others] their own feelings, thoughts, imaginations and practices of Eternity, Freedom, Themselves.

The church is designed and operates today to take people away from (what is real) people, to take you away from your self, and attempt to dictate and invade every corner or edge of your life- and cause you to distrust yourself for the still small voice for people around you... that aren't "just like you" in the eyes of the church.

I've got a bumper sticker that says "Never Trust Nobody" from a local radio station. If you want to listen, (occasionally there is someone or something worthwhile on) it is www.supertalk.fm

NEVER TRUST NOBODY

I trust...
But I'm NOT! a Mormon

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 10:04AM by moremany.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:10PM

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:40PM

The Mormon Church (guessing...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 05:40PM by moose.

Date: August 26, 2014 09:53AM

No I'm not kidding. Mormons, in my experience, are deceptive and dishonest. Mormons are too busy trying to know everybody's business. I will not go into the number of pediphiles in Mormon community's that are considered "Worthy" buy Mormon standards.

There are Doctors who are too intrusive with questions. And let's not forget the financial frauds that seem to be in much greater abundance in the Mormon community's.

Then there is the pretend world most Mormons live in. It is so stressful that Utah has the highest use of antidepressants in the nation. The fraud that women are expected to keep up in Mormon culture feeds this.

Yes I see the difference between delusional and dishonest. I just wonder if the unethical, dishonest behavior of Mormons is just higher than other groups because it's harder (read as impossible.) to find honest Mormons who can be trusted.

Date: August 26, 2014 10:06AM

This is pretty cynical. Before I found this forum, I was clueless in how Mormons really function (i.e. think). I suppose I was gullible and naive. I don't think all Mormons are untrustworthy. Many are and I have sensed that before realizing (some) TBMs' true nature. However, I think it's a sweeping generalization and to keep going in this life, I must look at individuals and give them a chance, Mormon or not. It's hopeless otherwise.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 10:47AM

As far as I know, all my TBM siblings, their spouses, their children and grandchildren are sufficiently trustworthy. An ex-BIL was a total sleazebag, but that's why he's an EX-brother-in-law.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 10:57AM

Absolutely. My husband was one. Totally. I had the words: "Always Trustworthy" put on his military grave marker.

He lived the Scout Oat and the Scout Law and could recite them up until the latter part of his life when he was ill.

Scout Oath (or Promise)
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly,
courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty,
brave, clean, and reverent.
I have relatives that are members that are totally trustworthy.
Some that set the bar high that were trustworthy are now deceased.

Are some people not trustworthy, unethical, etc., in the general public, and in Mormonism, specifically? You bet. There are usually one or two in every Ward. Sometimes it's an attorney, sometimes a businessman, sometimes it's a woman who is a horrible gossip, sometimes it was a leader who abused their ecclesiastical authority. But that's just human beings being human.
Do some Mormons engage in "lying for the Lord." You bet!

I saw the same group dynamics at work, and school that I saw in the LDS Church. Human beings are pretty much the same everywhere. All the same personalities and characteristics everywhere. Just the faces change. There were liars, cheats, gossips, those that fed off drama, abused authority, self righteous, arrogant, fanatical, and so on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 10:58AM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 11:04AM

I hate your question because my answer is no. I believe this because the main qualification to be a TBM, not just a garden variety Mormon, is to put the church and it's leaders above all else. This means above family and friends, above your job, above your ability to pay your bills, above your ability to love.

The church is always first, so in a pinch, the TBM will choose to follow the Mormon Church's edicts over anything else.

So that is why I hate the question. It reminds me how really TBM my family is and how much that has hurt my standing in the family.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 11:11AM

I would put it this way, I would trust most mormons to hold my wallet or enter my home to feed my pets while I was away. I would NEVER enter into a business deal with a mormon, even family. I have seen so many mormons do shady stuff in business deals that I have lost count. Their honestly extends only so far. If it will enrich them and their family, and they pay tithing, they think God wants them to have the money. So they usually wont out and out steal but they are more than happy to f*ck you over then call it "just business".

Date: August 26, 2014 11:52AM

I'm gathering buy most of the points being made here that a good percentage of you don't live in Utah.

A good friend of the family is not LDS. His Mormon neighbors insist that he keep the extra key to their homes when they travel. They expressed to our friend that they got tired of having their fellow ward members rifle through their homes when they were gone. And they got tired of all inquiring questions at church when they returned.

Date: August 26, 2014 11:59AM

for three weeks. And we will need to have someone come over to water our house plants. I was trying to think of the best neighbor to do it, but I feel awkward asking anyone because everyone seems so busy or I'd feel that the request would be unbalanced. I asked my husband and he suggested that we take our plants to my mom's house, who lives one hour away. I don't really like that idea because it seems so much easier to just ask a neighbor. Now, after reading all of this, I'm not sure if I can trust any of them, lol, (or not funny at all!)

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 12:00PM

I grew up in Utah with lots of lovely Mormons. I trust my extended family.

It's a little offensive to paint a group of 3-5 million people with such a broad brush.

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 12:49PM

I agree. There's a lot of that on this board. It was one of the things that turned me off about TSCC.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 12:20PM

I'm thinking--- I'm thinking

Be patient!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 12:25PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: July Ann ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 12:28PM

I've always found it offensive when Mormons take your food out of your mouth and then justify the act buy presenting themselves as superior humans because they are Mormon

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 12:45PM

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 12:48PM

My wife. My kids. Some of my in-laws. My parents (though they are not TBM, they just go).

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:14PM

Not a one.

Just because some of you haven't been burned yet, doesn't mean you wouldn't be betrayed should the occasion arise.

Mormons as a group have been socialized differently than people in general. Institutionalized spying and tattling programs are part and parcel of the program, culture, and doctrine.
Perhaps if you have nothing going on, are dirt poor, and no one confides anything in you, you have nothing you can't trust to mormons missing scruples. Me, I have always lived an interesting life, and I learned early that mormons can't be trusted. From the sweetest little girl in primary, to the bishop and the prophet, they're all looking out for number one, and friendship means nothing when their imaginary ghost friend convinces them betrayal is moral. It's in your own best interest, see?

Posted by: July Ann ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:20PM

For some reason my ward members always new what was happening in my marriage and my home life. So much for trusting these 'Men Called Buy God."

Date: August 26, 2014 04:27PM

I had only been living in my house for a year. I was outside at the small playground nearby and a woman, who I never met before, knew my name, where my husband was from, that my in-laws were visiting and more. I was freaked out by all she knew. I also realized that one of my closer neighbors probably told her all this. Finding out later that she was in the RS presidency didn't surprise me.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:22PM

It is okay to trust a trust worthy Mormon.

However, do not conduct business with Mormons if at all possible.

Posted by: It'sRaining ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 04:47PM

My mother in law is one of the most genuine people I've met in my life. I can honestly say I love her more than my own mother.

Posted by: SantaZelph ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:18PM

no

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: August 26, 2014 05:31PM

Maybe it's a locale thing. When I attended church in Hawaii, the members were warm and kind and generally good people. While attending law school in mid west, it was a mixed bag. And here in the intermountain west, I would not trust any Mormons ESPECIALLY with business. That's my take.

Oh yeah, my TBM MIL full on admitted she would kill her own kids/grandkids if the Prophet asked her to. Yeah don't trust that bat shit crazy lady with my kids EVER.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.