Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: amomnomo ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 10:46AM

How do we know that T.S. Monson,corporate sole of the Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, doesn't spend his days deep into an on-line gambling addiction, while sitting in his pent house over-looking the temple and Zion's bank? Is that where our tithing money is going? Just speculating.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 10:55AM

Until LDS inc will disclose it's books we don't know.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 11:24AM

Yes, I believe Zions Bank is the main repository of all funds gathered from the four corners of the earth. Where it goes from there, only the shadow knows.

Perhaps this is what JS was referring to as the sealed portion of the sacred book - the financial set of books.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2014 11:25AM by Tom Padley.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 11:25AM

They want to keep the corporation going. They are the board of directors and they want to keep the gravy train flowing. If TM were stealing their money, they would quietly take care of him.

Your tithing money is going into investments. Sure, the 15 take their cut and live like CEOs at your expense, but their main priority is to grow the business.

I'm just amazed at how much they have stripped the members' experience. No more roadshows or youth conferences. No more bazaars or interesting activities. THe ward bunch is dozens of dollars per active member, so they could not take you out for a Happy Meal if they wanted to. When they fired the janitors and asked members to clean toilets in their spare time, I couldn't believe their chutzpah. They want the average Mormon family to pay $500 a month in tithing and then scrub toilets??? Just 5-6 families' tithing would pay for a janitor, and there are at least 300 active families using that build each month.

I guess they are getting greedy and want to see how much they can bleed the members before they stop giving.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.