Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 02, 2014 02:10PM

Here is an example that glows with the burning coals of being a cult in how an LDS person tacks on their "religion" into one of the postings to help people.

http://houseoforder.com/2011/08/when-a-widowed-parent-remarries/
"Spiritual
For members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, there are many questions that remain outstanding when remarriage occurs. Some doctrines have been clarified; some are clear but more uncomfortable."

I didn't think the article was all that bad. It was kinda obvious stuff that applies to more than just remarrying after the death of a spouse. It was kinda generic.

BUT...

Really? Why the "Spiritual" area of this article at all. She doesn't even talk about the remaining questions (anyone? anyone?) and what doctrine was clarified? And what doctrine is uncomfortable?

It just reads like, "I'm in a weird cult that I can't talk about so take my word that "spiritually" I know what I'm talking about. Moving on, nothing to see here."

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.