Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 06:06AM

According to Mormon Theology (before the great change) Satan (son of the Morning) was equal to Jesus before this world was created 6,000 years ago. Jesus was a God before this world was created. Jesus was the God of the Old Testament.

Also according to ancient Mormon Theology (1970's) Satan has great power and can and does command the oceans. The earth itself obeys Satan.

Satan is as much a God as Jesus was until only 2,000 years ago when Jesus received a body. Satan rules over a large number of followers. Satan and his followers live on earth while Jesus lives billions of miles away near a distant star known only as Kolob (Battlestar Galatica).

Satan is going about the earth creating storms to kill people and getting religious nuts like followers of Islam to kill. Where is Jesus? He is relaxing on the beaches of a planet near Kolob having a drink or two. Jesus has been gone for two thousand years except for a quick trip to see Joseph Smith or did he send an angel instead (some confusion here but Monson is quite silent about this).

Obedience, forced beliefs, no questions asked, toilet cleaning were all part of the plan of Satan.

Is the current rules and regulations of ChurchCo more in line with Satan's plan or Jesus's plan of individual choice?

Is Satan the God of this world according to Mormon Theology? I heard your prayers What is wanted?

Stupid Religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 11:09AM

You talk as if theology was supposed to make sense.

I've always sarcastically claimed that Lucifer won the war in Heaven, and Mormons in all their authoritarian glory haven't caught on to the irony yet.

Not that Jehovah was much of an improvement over Lucifer.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 02:44PM

I've also thought that Satan was the one who seemed to have won the war, as Mormonism tends to force people to be obedient.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 11:12AM

Interesting. Not Mormon doctrine, of course. Satan is Lucifer, son of the morning, and the disobedient son of Heavenly Father in their theology who would take away agency.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 11:20AM

"Satan is going about the earth...getting religious nuts like followers of Islam to kill."

This sounds an awful lot like the OT. How do you know the god of the OT isn't still leading these "religious nuts"? It seems like the spread of most religion has a very dark history. Maybe the god of this world IS the bad guy?

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 12:40PM

As a kid, I always got the impression my parents and their friends believed in Satan a LOT more solidly than they believed in Christ, and they truly expected Satan to actually manifest if called on.

They also seemed to give Satan a huge amount of credit for things that happen in their lives.

I remember even as an adult exmo meeting a stunning dude who I thought was so hot that he may have been Satan come to tempt me as I was going through some gay self hatred at the time. Anyway, I fucked him. You can't pass up a "10".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 12:41PM by ozpoof.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 02:36PM

I would argue that Satan is much more powerful than God. Check out his mind-blowing accomplishments:
- Eliminated all traces of a great flood
- Constantly alters carbon dating results
- Secretly planted dinosaur bones and other fossils
- Caused pre-columbian-america horses, cattle, goats, wheat, barley and many more to vanish completely
- Caused steel, iron, and chariots to disappear without a trace-- but only in one-half of the world
- Eliminated any trace of Nephites/Jaredites civilizations
- Eliminated any trace of a Kingdom of Israel/Judah
- Eliminated any evidence of Jesus himself (except for the writings of a few lunatics)
- Altered the writings of early LDS leaders to make it appear that LDS doctrine has changed over time
- And many, many more.

What about God's accomplishments on the other hand?
- Helps TBMs find car keys occasionally-- but only if they pay tithing

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 03:35PM by hangar18.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 04:40PM

VERY expensive car keys.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 05:01PM

" Helps TBMs find car keys occasionally-- but only if they pay tithing "

I used to hear that car keys BS and other nonsense many times.

I look back and wish I had voiced my outrage at such ridiculousness, rather than quietly try to contemplate what I just heard and wonder do they really believe that. lol

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 03:33PM

TBMs effing loooooove Satan. I've said this before. They love to talk about him, scorn him, pity him,...most of all, they love to blame him. You should have seen my stepmother's face when I told her I don't believe in Satan. Her gasp sucked the air out of the room.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 04:42PM

Cinnamint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TBMs effing loooooove Satan. I've said this
> before. They love to talk about him, scorn him,
> pity him,...most of all, they love to blame him.
> You should have seen my stepmother's face when I
> told her I don't believe in Satan. Her gasp
> sucked the air out of the room.

Worse than not believing in Santa Claus. Remember Miracle on 42nd Street? Not believe in Satan? Why you might just as well believe in Pandora's Box, next.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 04:53PM

I think according to Mormonism, God is God. Jesus is only the son of God.

Of course, you have to assume that you personally actually understand the definition of God. To you, does the word God indicate some sort of primordial status? Does it mean having command over the oceans? Does the word God indicate that someone is going to save you of your sins? Maybe God means creator to you.

Most likely you'll have a tough time defining the word God. This is partly because God isn't real, but if he were, he'd be undefinable by nature.

I think that trying to tell us that Satan is a Mormon God is absurd though. First of all, you are going to have a tough time convincing me that a Mormon thinks Satan is God when the literally hundreds of Mormons that I know would claim otherwise. Another reason why I reject it is because of the fictional status of the entire conversation.

It is like saying that since Harry Potter used an invisibility cloak he must be a reptilian because in the fictional Harry Potter world in your head only reptilians would use invisibility cloaks and then trying to convince me that every other person who believes in Harry Potter is wrong because you found this one weird contradiction in the Harry Potter universe. It just doesn't add up, mostly because it is fictional.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: September 03, 2014 05:02PM

"I think according to Mormonism, God is God. Jesus is only the son of God."

The church teaches that Jesus is a member of the godhead, a god, and that he was a god before he was born on the earth. He was the god of the old testament.

I don't think the OP was arguing that mormons worship satan. Mormons simply believe that satan is extremely powerful, like god. Many mormons seem to believe that satan is better able to manifest his power than god himself...he plants impure thoughts in your head, he controls the water, he makes your garments ride up your @$$, etc...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.