Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: September 13, 2014 03:29AM

They want to visit Utah to see the fall colors. If the peak is during LDS conference time, I've decided to and have my friends visit before or after.

Will it be next week? The week after next?

Conference is the first week in October.

My friends are non-Mormon, and we're going to have dinners and spend most of our time in Park City.

Do you have any suggestions where I can take them? They want to see BYU, but will do that with my Provo cousins. I'll show them the U. If they want to go to temple square, I will go to the office, and they can take Trax into town, without me.

They are Catholic, so they might enjoy the Cathedral of the Madeline.... Any good movies, concerts? I've been away for the summer, and don't know what's happening in Salt Lake City.

If you live in Utah, what do your guests like to do?

Thanks--

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jethro Tull ( )
Date: September 13, 2014 04:27AM

The Alpine Loop is almost always spectacular.

The amount of fall color varies slightly depending on the year. This year, the colors seem to be a bit later in arriving than usual.

Generally speaking, I think the last week of September is usually the best time to see fall colors on the Alpine Loop.

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: September 13, 2014 04:41AM

From what I remember back when I lived in the area, mid to late September.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: September 13, 2014 10:47AM

I was just up Little Cottonwood Canyon yesterday. The maples have already turned. But the Aspen haven't even started. We've had a lot of rain lately which usually makes the colors more vibrant.
It's different every year, but the last week of September and the first week of October would be a good bet.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.