Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:53PM

http://blog.mrm.org/2014/09/president-monsons-views-dont-represent-the-mormon-church/

It is worth nothing that on amazon.com, Thomas Monson is the AUTHOR...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=a%20prophet%27s%20voice%20messages%20from%20thomas%20s.%20monson&sprefix=a+prophet%27s+voice%2Caps%2C352

So, he just admitted he not only is no prophet and in no way deserves all the multi million dollar perks...but he's far more interested in legal loopholes than anything to do with actually speaking for an on behalf of what he pretends to defend...the church.

If there is anyone reading this who's shelf had not yet broken...I hope this rips the screws out of the wall.

To me this is a serious smoking gun. Anointed One was dead on right. These men are frauds and are knowingly stealing your money, your ancestors money and funneling it through special families and making those in the "know" filthy rich while the rest burn and rot in shame, guilt and "worthiness" issues. How bloody "worthy" do you have to be to be exploited and drained of your own self esteem and cash?

Good Lord.

If my shelf had not already fallen...you would have heard a large crash about 15 minutes ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hubert ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 03:06PM

The book is literally about how he is supposed to be the mouthpiece of God, and the legalese denies that before you even get into the text or the book.

Date: September 23, 2014 03:39PM

Here is an audio discussion on this topic...

http://blog.mrm.org/2014/09/monson-disclaimer-part-2/

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 03:57PM

Four years before his death, Brigham Young declared, “If there is an elder here, or any member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, who can bring up the first idea, the first sentence that I have delivered to the people as counsel that is wrong, I really wish they would do it; but they cannot do it, for the simple reason that I have never given counsel that is wrong; this is the reason” (August 31, 1873, Journal of Discourses 16:161).

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...ha! Perhaps we should make a list...

* So much for President Kimball's denounciation of his Adam-God teaching as false doctrine.

* I guess the Baker–Fancher Party did have it coming after all.

* The church may as well remove the recent essay on the blacks & the priesthood.

* Time to roll out the asbestos welcome mat for the people from the sun.

* Castration = appropriate discipline for defying the polygamous desires of the priesthood authorities.

* All of you apostates better be on your toes, because the javelin and bowie knife crew are on their way!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 04:09PM

. . . "and proprietor," on the title page of the original 1830 edition. See that original page here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/The_Book_of_Mormon-_An_Account_Written_by_the_Hand_of_Mormon_upon_Plates_Taken_from_the_Plates_of_Nephi.jpg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 06:46PM by steve benson.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 04:28PM

ok here's some mental gymnastics, so try and keep up:

From the messages amazon page but there's a disclaimer about his views not being the church views; translation- He is speaking as a man.:

"Throughout his nearly fifty years as an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, President Thomas S. Monson has presented countless messages of wisdom, inspiration, and doctrinal insight. He is perhaps best known for his gift of weaving true accounts into his addresses, bringing gospel principles to life through the enlightening experiences of individuals he has met or heard of in his ministry. A Prophet's Voice brings together more than fifty of these classic addresses, including all the major general conference sermons President Monson has given since becoming the sixteenth President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Filled with warmth and reflection, these messages demonstrate the worth of every soul and the power of personal examples in our lives. President Monson finds lessons in all kinds of everyday experiences, and he is known and loved for sharing those lessons in a way that reaches the hearts of his listeners. This landmark collection of his greatest messages will be a treasured addition to any gospel library."

From the original Amazon link to the book. Here he is speaking as a prophet...right??:
http://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Thomas-S-Monson/dp/1609088905/ref=pd_sim_b_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=08Z6M9JTGTVXKPD66843

"Teachings of Thomas S. Monson is the must-have companion to the bestselling, acclaimed biography of President Monson, To the Rescue. This book will be invaluable to readers because it -provides President Monson's teachings in topical format, and includes statements on more than 130 topics, from a discussion on the Aaronic priesthood through comments directed to the youth. -gives quick, easy access to statements on vital gospel topics covering more than a half century of President Monson's teaching. -is the ideal, reliable source for modern prophetic guidance on a host of subjects. -outlines what we should know and how we should live in our time. -includes a scripture index so readers can find what President Monson has taught about specific scriptural passages. -includes a page at the front of the book for readers to record their testimony about the impact of the prophet's teachings in their own lives. This book will be the authoritative collection of our beloved prophet's teachings and an invaluable resource for all who are involved in teaching the gospel."

BOTH...of these books refer to "lessons" in inclusions to the "gospel library"....So one book is lessons, that's instructing/administering to his flock right??

The first book, with the DISCLAIMER also refers to "lessons".

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!!

You can't have the mormon sheeple, idolizing you, treating you as God's spokesman on Earth, to only then turn around and say "I was speaking as a man"....

If this is the case on both of these books, then guess what??? Monson/The Prophet is NEVER speaking for God and never will so he shouldn't have the title as such.

Date: September 23, 2014 04:39PM

nonmo_1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The first book, with the DISCLAIMER also refers to
> "lessons".

To be clear, BOTH books have the disclaimer.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 07:36PM

A...LESSONS....book from the currently living prophet...whose words the faithful strive to hear.....has a disclaimer, stating that the LESSONS are just his manly views, and not those of the church?????

Date: September 23, 2014 07:48PM

Yes, sick isn't it?

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 04:52PM

Is Monson the first prez to have this disclaimer in his books? Maybe they'll make this practice retroactive.

Next printing of "The Miracle of Forgiveness" –

"Spencer W. Kimball's views do not necessarily represent the position of the Church."

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 07:06PM

I'll be damned. I really am a prophet. Took less than two hours.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1385228

Swear to god I didn't know about this when I posted.

Date: September 23, 2014 07:55PM

I am nearly certain that Spencer K's homo-erotic rant always carried a disclaimer (leastwise, my edition from the 1980s did). When I first left the church back in 2002, I went through all of our books looking for material for a fraud case. What I found was that anything published after the 1960s/1970s carried a disclaimer, unless it was an actual Church publication. Even then, the "I have a question" column in the Ensign includes a disclaimer. Bottom line: in the past few decades the leaders of the Church figured out it was all a scam (BoA papyri, Joseph Smith's First Vision exposé, BoM archaeology fails, etc.) and started to be VERY careful with the content of official publications.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 07:56PM by Facsimile 3.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:10PM

The church does not necessarily represent the church.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:18PM

Mormons

Posted by: lumanwalters ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:28PM

I've been out for 6 years. This has left me speechless. I thought I couldn't learn anything else that would surprise me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:35PM

Ditto to that. It certainly doesn't seem like the same church I grew up in.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 06:43PM

Six times a year, (two each for ward, stake, general conferences) mormons raise their arms and sustain them as prophets, seers, and revelators. The prophets, seers, and revelators in turn willingly accept (and demand) the obedience... but in no way whatsoever do they do any prophesying, seering, or revelating. Hell, they don't even answer questions. They speak only to welcome audiences. And run the business. It's not a church of prophecy; it's a church of disclaimers, spinnings, and dodgings.

Date: September 23, 2014 07:29PM

jpt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Six times a year, (two each for ward, stake,
> general conferences) mormons raise their arms and
> sustain them as prophets, seers, and revelators.
> The prophets, seers, and revelators in turn
> willingly accept (and demand) the obedience... but
> in no way whatsoever do they do any prophesying,
> seering, or revelating. Hell, they don't even
> answer questions. They speak only to welcome
> audiences. And run the business. It's not a
> church of prophecy; it's a church of disclaimers,
> spinnings, and dodgings.

Mormons sustain the leaders, but the real question is:

[why] Do the leaders [not] sustain the members?

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 07:21PM

So entertaining and interesting.

Is this a situation comedy?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 07:42PM

Proves to me there must be a politburo making and enforcing policy and doctrine....the 15 are just the talking heads.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 08:05PM

Date: September 23, 2014 07:45PM

Let's see someone bring this up (LIVE) at conference. What is coming out of his mouth are his words and do not reflect the church, or the truth.

Date: September 23, 2014 07:54PM

So what has just happened is with a stroke of typewriter and a disclaimer they have just made "The Priesthood","The Spirit", "God, "The Almighty", "Jesus", "The Holy Ghost...all irrelevant. They have no power at all. The only power is the power of the law of the land and the lawyers and law enforcement to enforce them.

If "God" can be swept away...and MILLIONS of "testimonies" by members can be melt away and become as worthless as the burned up packaging on a spent firecracker...all by a disclaimer then that means...

SS...worthless
Seminary/Institute...worthless
Priesthood/RS...worthless
YM/YW...worthless
Primary/Nursery...worthless
Temples...worthless
Missions...worthless and deadly

Why??? Because without a god, or the power of god, or any of the supposed "benefits" to church involvement.......everything else is just baseless busy work to keep the corporate empire fed.

If the "prophet" of god cannot speak for the church...then the entire Mormon experiment failed. And to think this was "God's" work but he got scared away by a disclaimer.

Date: September 23, 2014 08:29PM

"Whether by mine own voice, or by the voice of my servants it is the same"...unless there is a disclaimer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.