Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: YBU ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:43PM

Has anyone else noticed a big increase in the annoying, self-serving posts from Moes this week? Ick! My facebook feed is filled with such drivel and nonsense I just had to write and vent! Sometimes I think the big ole tscc office building morgbots get a buzz in their bonnet and decide to go full tilt into social media blasts from everyone. Maybe it has to do with that BS movie the Des News was talking about but sheesh, this stuff is annoying me!!

There were many, many, many posts prior to this one but THIS is the post that put me finally and completely over the edge:

"This hoodoo in Bryce Canyon reminded me of the temple! I love the temple. It is a refuge, fortress, beacon and holy place. I am grateful that God leaves messages for us in His earthly creative handiwork!
‪#‎lovethetemple‬#allcreationpointstptheLordandHislove#sharegoodness#ogdentemplededication"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:54PM

ewwwwww

They all sound so disconnected and forced. Trying to relate the most random shit back to god.

"Oh looks its raining. I just love God. I love the Temple."

Posted by: Clementine ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 06:07PM

You should talk about the hoodoos at Arches that look like a certain part of the male anatomy. Good grief. How does anyone stand having Mormon "friends" on Face Book? It seems like they should be dropped like hot potatoes. The only ones who are impressed with Mormon propaganda are other Mormons. Pretty soon their only friends will be Mormons if they keep that up.

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 06:15PM

After deleting all the Mormons from my list there just wasn't much left. Certainly not enough to justify a log in.

There are just too many Mormons in my life. Dealing with them in person it is much easier to filter their crap. On Facebook it's just constant stream of Morgasms and Spirichul one-up-manship.

Posted by: YBU ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 07:54PM

OK, thanks you guys totally made me smile. When these people are relatives it is just a gagg reflex that starts to bother me. I just do the old eye roll again and again and I just keep thinking, "Oh man, I am keeping the pop corn popping because something, sometime, sometime soon I hope, you all are going to get a heavy dose of reality and I am going to be watching the implosion." This happened recently to my sister, mother of six beautiful, perfect returned missies and low and behold one of them, a favorite nephew I might add, posted that he was in a relationship with a guy. At first I was like....really? Does he know what it means to be "in a relationship ala facebook banter" and then I was like "Wow, really! How freakin' brave and awesome is that cool kid? No wonder I have always adored him!" Aw, I am so dang happy I live in the era of the Internet because there really is a god and his name is google. thank heavens!

Posted by: TDWMB ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 06:17PM

Hide all by that person, if you want to see what they are posting you have to go to you friends list and look.

Works for me

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:04PM

I don't follow any of the very few Mormon relatives and one Mormon acquaintance I have on FB so I don't have to endure any nauseating Mormonspeak.

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.