Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 06:50PM

I've just been doing some research on Amazon.com and so far I've found disclaimers for...

Boyd Packer
Neal Maxwell
Joseph F Smith (in his book of quotes verbatim of Joseph Smith)
Tom Monson
Spencer Kimball
Bruce McConkie (The Messiah Series among others).
David McKay
Dieter Uchtdorf (The Remarkable Soul of a Woman....good thing it's not doctrine!)
Henry Eyring
L. Tom Perry
Russel Nelson
Dallin Oaks
M. Russell Ballard (Like the rest of them this was on at least 2 very doctrinally heavy books)
Richard Scott
Robert D Hales
Jeffrey Holland

And that list is just a sample. These men are either past or present Apostles/Prophets. From LDS.org their purpose is..."Apostles are special witnesses of Jesus Christ, called to teach and testify of Him throughout the world." The "Prophets" of the 1st Presidency..."UNDER THE DIRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST, the Church is led by 15 apostles, who are also regarded as prophets, seers, and revelators. Members of the First Presidency are special witnesses of Jesus Christ, called to teach and testify of Him throughout the world."

So this list of men are literally the very real mouthpiece of the Lord/God...literally. Mormon missionaries teach (as did I) that just as I'm speaking to you today via the net, the Lord/God verbally speaks to these me whether in male voice or in impressions of words in their minds and these men speak these words to the world. Because they have the "priesthood"...which is the right or authority to be these mouth pieces...what they say is literally cannon, scripture and messages from the great beyond and are considered "revelation"...which is the LDS's selling point..that they are modern and have a literal direct link to the heavens...literally. However this link is very fragile, very uppity, very afraid and if these men are not "worthy", the link is gone, but god promised he's NEVER EVER, NO NEVER lead us astray and take these men OUT rather than lead us astray...so our personal sacrifice of our literally freedoms is worthwhile to keep that very oh so fraile connection to the heavens open. Apparently the connection is afraid of Fruit of the Loom Undies, coffee, tea, most all kinds of sex, mental freedom, physical freedom, freedom to chart the course of your own life, gay/lesbian people, women, noisy children, youth that are free to touch themselves, each other and chose their own destiny's...rated R movies and the choice to sleep in on Sundays and not have mom and dad screaming at you to find your clothes, help your siblings get dressed and sit in repetitious meetings for hours while you never see your parents and have no idea how eating the blood/flesh of a dead demigod is supposed to help you study for your history exam tomorrow. Besides,...didn't we do this cannibalism last week?

So the issue is this........these men, "...travel frequently, addressing and encouraging large congregations of members and interested nonmembers, as well as meeting with local leaders.

When they are not traveling, members of the First Presidency counsel together and with other general Church leaders on matters affecting the worldwide Church, such as missionary work, temple building, spiritual and temporal welfare, and much more." They have the admiration of MILLIONS who treat them as gods, rock stars and hope to get the chance to touch just one to make themselves a little closer to that grand prize...having a celestial McMansion in the highest neighborhood in the hereafter...surrounded by your throng of eternal wives to have copious amounts of steamy sex and populate your own planet...all somehow near to the granddaddy of all gods...."Father/Eloheim"...although because he was just a man he'll want to be close to his father and his harem, so really there won't be too much time spent with him.

So, for there to be a "disclaimer" that these men in writing these books are not writing for the church, are just "authors" and not really ambassadors of Christ...we, I think they can jolly well do without their multi million dollar salaries, board of directors roles, 1st class travel/transportation/hotels/food/property....and should just be regular old con men,...just like the man they worship and idolize...Mr. Treasure Seeker to the Farmers...Joe Smith.

Not only do these men get paid like major celebrities and live a life of pure luxury, they've literally stolen the money and inheritances of me, you, our parents, grand parents, nieces, nephews...on down the line. All the money that has built and maintained meeting brainwashing houses/temples/MTC's/For profit businesses, were funds that were meant to help you get your first home, develop your talents, pay for college...give you financial freedom and family closeness...real family closeness...to help you build your life. The church has built and built and built itself on your backs.......

What a bloody fraud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 06:58PM

Lori,

I laid this out for a friend of mine this morning and it blew his TBM mind. I had to show him a link on Amazon for him to believe it.

Then, in TBM fashion, he said "well they do that to protect the church." My reply was that in the case of Thomas S. Monson, he IS THE CHURCH. HE OWNS THE WHOLE FUCKING THING PERSONALLY.

So how is he protecting himself from himself?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 07:28PM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 07:41PM

I think the next question to a TBM is, "Then how are these books any different from a General Conference talk?"

Do GC addresses need the same disclaimer?

If "yes," then GC talks do not necessarily represent the position of the church, which is self-contradictory.

If "no," then remind the TBM that much of these books consist of nothing more than quotations from GC talks. Again self-contradictory.

Date: September 24, 2014 07:06PM

"...yes, yes, yes, I know you pay me to be a prophet, you listen to me to hear me prophesy, you completely live your life and shun your children off the words that come out of my mouth and you believe I have some magical power to be King...er I mean Prophet and I love the attention and the money and perks and I'll keep doing it, but really, I have nothing and in the eyes of the courts I could go to jail for fraud, so I have to put these disclaimers in to protect myself and my buddies. Also there is this little thing called "tax fraud" and if I were to be found guilty of fraud...well, can you imagine the tax bill? So...yes...I need my disclaimers...but yes, you feel free to keep sending me those checks! I'm looking at some land in Wyoming for my personal hideaway...er, I mean hunting reserve,...wait...I mean scout camp..,yeah, scout camp and I need some more dough. Hey good luck on that cancer treatment. So sorry I can't help you out more with that, but hey...that "priesthood" thing is more or less just a word...but hey, it was nice of you to ask."

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 24, 2014 08:00PM

THIS is why they will NEVER give women the priesthood.

First they don't want the women to find out what a load of hot air they are, and they're making it all up.

Second, they don't want any female to have access to the financial information. That alone could blow the whole show out of the water.

Date: September 24, 2014 08:04PM

...especially when she sees the sheer numbers to produce and grow males in the church ie...all their extra opportunities, and to produce women...the numbers would make a grown woman weep.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 03:24AM

"The work herein contained represents the fucked-up views and comments of the author. Any resemblance to the doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is purely coincidental." Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.