Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 12:15PM

What city or cities would you visit or return to if someone gave you $25,000 on the condition you could only use it for travel-related expenses?

I'd go London or Granada, Spain again.

I'd go to Moscow or Seoul, Korea for the first time (just because I've always wanted to see both those places.)

I've probably overspent the budget at this point but I'd definitely hit as many of those 4 cities as possible. In the U.S., it would be San Francisco or Honolulu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Human ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 12:24PM

I'd like to revisit Luxembourg and Rio.

I'd like to visit Paris and Scandinavia.

Posted by: O'Brien ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 12:30PM

I would love to see Florence
Always happy to go back to Portmerion and the National Museum of Computing at Bletchly Park

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 12:32PM

I would love to go back to Norway. I never got to see the city of Bergen.

I have always had a desire to vacation somewhere tropical.

I'd also LOVE to visit...or even live in New Zealand. I used to love watching Xena, which was filmed there.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 12:34PM

I go into orbit if I had a coupon. I don't think 25k will get me there. I also love Myrtle Beach.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:38PM

Yes, a flight into space!
You can actually reserve a spot on a Virgin Galactic flight into orbit for US$250,000. So yes it is quite a bit more than the $25k, but totally worth it as a once-in-a-lifetime experience if you have the money to spare, IMO.
http://www.virgingalactic.com/booking/

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 12:38PM

My dream is to drive to Alaska from Utah. Some day I will do it.

The only thing I want to do is go back to Alaska. I've gone 4 times now, 2 cruises, and twice to Denali. I assume I'll be going back next year. I actually hope to work there after I retire as a camp host or something.

And I'm a lover of Disneyland. I took my kids there a month after their father left us. When we were lucky enough to go there over the years, it was our happy place.

I have no interest in Europe or South America or . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 12:38PM by cl2.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:07PM

I could have got you a free trip driving to Alaska last spring. I had a friend that needed a boat towed up there. He ended up paying someone to drive it there.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:47PM

I hate towing things. I want to take a leisurely drive up there camping along the way.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 01:18PM

The USA... to meet all you guys

:-)

Tom in Paris
(who met the board's lovely "Lorraine formerly siog" and her husband yesterday and was blown away by how nice they are :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 01:34PM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 05:50PM

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 26, 2014 02:54AM

It will be a great pleasure and honour, Don

Posted by: no mo lurker ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 01:32PM

I'd love to take my husband and my son to Tanzania just to show them how beautiful it is. And to let them have the whole safari experience like I did. That would definitely take the $25,000, if not a little more.

For our 10th wedding anniversary my hubby and I went to Poland. He had been before in college but I hadn't. I had to promise our son, who didn't go with us, that we would take him next time.

As to where I'd like to visit - I'm pretty much a travel slut and am willing to go anywhere. Hubby wants to go to Spain. I'd really like to see India. But I'll go anywhere I can afford.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 01:39PM

Revisit: Santa Margherita/Portofino at the Splendido and hope Tom in Paris would pop over for a visit. And $25,000? I could stay a couple of days also at the Presidential Suite at the Hotel Hassler in Rome with the rooftop garden terrace. 360degree views--eternal view in the Eternal City.

New: South Island New Zealand. Loved the north one. There's a famous thirty mile trek I would like to take.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 01:40PM by blueorchid.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 01:47PM

Florianopolis, Brazil and Foz do Iguacu.

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 01:47PM

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 08:19PM

Grindenwald, Switzerland

London, England

Wiesbaden, Germany

Paris, France

Saint Petersburg, Russia

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:04PM

I would love to visit the UK, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy. Another thing I would love to do is take an Alaskan or tropical cruise. I'm not a Disney park fan, so my idea of visiting Florida is seeing Miami or the Florida Keys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 02:05PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:16PM

In the U.S.: I love Santa Fe in fact we are leaving here for Texas in a couple of hours. I love the laid back atmosphere.

Pacific rim: I'd like to go back to New Zealand and Australia.

Europe: The UK and Italy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 02:16PM by michaelc1945.

Posted by: jellobeltnevermo ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:27PM

Costa Rica. Spent a month there. So much more I want to see.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:28PM

Greece

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 02:40PM

Posted by: Elwood ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:15PM

I would take a driving tour of the US, hitting a game in every major league ballpark along the way.

Or I would just get away from everything and go to the far north of New Zealand. The problem with that one is I don't think I could make myself ever come back home.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:18PM

Two places I've never seen that I would love to see are Egypt and St. Petersburg. I don't know if I'll get there, but have always wanted to go.

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:23PM

I've done a lot of traveling in Europe, but two top places I would go back to are Greece and Prague.

I would happily go back to anyplace I've already traveled, and I plan to visit many more places in the future, but those were two stand-outs from my previous travels.

Reykjavik/Iceland is another, but I WILL be going back there in about two weeks! Woohoo!

Posted by: anon now ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 04:44PM

train trip from tip to tail in New Zealand

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 05:47PM

Mom and Dad (and me too of course)have this plan to drive a small motorhome or haul a trailer all along old Route 66, take lotsa pictures and stuff. Mom'll write all about it and Dad will take the photos. As for me, I will practice my photobombing!!

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 05:54PM

I'd go back pretty much everywhere I've been with the exception of Moscow. I definitely will go back to Florence and London.

I'd like to see Germany, the Amalfi Coast and Switzerland. I'd also like to take the Marakesh Express in Morocco and go to Khatmandu, Nepal. Also, Egypt and the Limpopo River in Southern Africa. I want to see some really exotic places.

In the US, I'd like to see some of the West, especially the Pacific NW and the Rocky Mountains (Montana.)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 06:33PM

I would go back to Budapest, and spend a couple weeks exploring it, and do some more autobahn driving with something faster that I had the last time, and more time in Austria. And I'd like to go to Scotland and see the towns my maternal grandparents came from...and then go on a scotch distillery tour.

Ron Burr

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 25, 2014 07:31PM

Everywhere. I desperately want to travel. I hope to do so in retirement. My dream trip will be to Australia and the South Pacific. I also want to see Pompeii and the Italian Riviera and countryside. A leisurely trip around England is also on my bucket list.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.