Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: October 14, 2014 11:04AM

Lamanite Generation changed the name, but they are apparently still performing.

But changing the name to 'legends' denotes myth doesn't it? Like Paul Bunyan & Babe, or Sleepy Hollow's Ichabod Crane?

The name Living Legends has been used recently and I'm not sure when they changed the name, but I think it must be part of preparing people for the change. The BofM change from true history to analogy that will eventually happen.

A book of faith. A book of legendary people. The Lamanite Legends.

I knew Nephi was too buff to be real!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: topping ( )
Date: October 14, 2014 05:03PM

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 14, 2014 05:15PM

Are you referring to some book or event that was recent that took on living legends?

URL link ?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 14, 2014 06:05PM

The Mormons really are desperate to rebrand so many things. I'm sure they are constantly plotting on a plausible means of distancing themselves from the word Lamanite now that that pesky DNA information is out there.

So white and delightsome becomes pure and delightsome, but Lamanite becomes Living Legend? These are kids barely out of high school singing and dancing Mormon Road Show style to promote all things Mormonic. The only thing legendary about this is the audacity of the Mormon church--with all due respect to the kids singing and dancing their hearts out--no disrespect intended for them.

But . . ."Living a Lie" would be more appropriate.

Date: October 14, 2014 06:12PM

There are stunningly beautiful and educational shows by Native Americans all through the southern United States where the culture is showcased and the history told. There is no agenda except pride of heritage. That is where the living legends are hanging out.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 14, 2014 06:37PM

They changed the name many years ago

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: October 14, 2014 08:43PM

What I'm understanding is that several years ago, realizing the term Lamanite would not be able to be defended, the LDS church changed the name Lamanite Generation to Living Legends.

They knew. Years ago. Makes sense now. They are rebranding (thanks Blueorchid) in preparation for denying and whitewashing.

I admire Native American heritage and their cultures. I've seen their songs and traditional dance. Their talents and products are showcased and completely beautiful.

What the LDS church tried to do to their youth by taking them to Brigham City Utah to the Indian Placement school was a crime.
I am appalled the more I understand the changes the LDS church continues to do and the members don't seem to blink an eye.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 11:51AM

Chapel mormons just might not have the time to "think" abou the deception of the Indian placement program quietly going away. Especially if they are outside of Utah.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 11:54AM

Yes, "Living Legends" sounds much better than "Decendents
of Cursed Dark and Loathsome Savages."

Date: October 15, 2014 01:37PM

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 01:53PM

Funny baura.

I am taking the liberty to add on to your "Decendents of Cursed Dark and Loathsome Savages" with "Decendents of Cursed Dark and Loathsome Savages that can Become White if they Hang Out with Me."

The funny, crazy, ridiculous, weird, dangerous church-cult is a never ending source of laughs which is undoubtedly their best trait and legacy.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 02:13PM

>>>>church-cult is a never ending source of laughs which is undoubtedly their best trait and legacy.

Mormons do have one saving grace. . . . they're a reliable source of much loud laughter and pure pleasure provided by poking fun and annoying the anointed..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.