Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 10:35PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 10:47PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 10:49PM

double plus fraud

Posted by: pineapple ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 10:54PM

I especially liked those who were offended when some of the commenters asked for proof, validation, or attribution of the original letter.

Posted by: hairfanatic ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 11:25PM

I mentioned in a comment on my friends post that the "atheist" in question sounded a lot like a mormon... They all immediately denied it and said many people of all religions and no religious affiliations have said the same thing as this "atheist".

This is a trick that I think the annoying blogger Matt Walsh uses. Creates a letter that is either arguing for something he's going to reiterate, or a letter that goes perfectly against what he wants to say.

Its painfully obvious... to all but the people these blog posts tend to be directed to.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 11:33PM

"Because it is the most clearly written Christian Biblical Document. If Christians would be willing to read the text, compare it to what they already believe, most would not only agree with it, but would find that it strengthens their faith even further."

Okay - I just "and it came to pass[ed]" 1 Nephi 8 and 10. That shit is clear as mud.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 04:58AM

Plus, why the hell would an atheist be concerned with strengthening a Christian's faith? Or even use that combination of words to prove a point...ever

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 12:25AM

Think she was trolled or that she wrote it herself or some other explanation? That's some serious Lyin' for the Lard if that's what happened.

Posted by: PetalumaGal ( )
Date: October 17, 2014 11:48PM

Only a Mormon would write that.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 06:37AM

Okay, so maybe those passages of scripture do expound on standard Christian themes of salvation and so on. We already knew that, because we know that in the beginning Mormonism was indistinguishable from the mainstream Protestantism familiar to JS. That was the whole selling point for the BOM. The transformation of Mormonism from Campbellite Protestantism to Temple cult happened much later.

Again, we all knew that already.

Posted by: Zeniff ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 10:06PM

Seriously, how can anyone read ANYTHING on ldssmile.com without throwing up a little in the back of their mouth?

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 10:34PM

Zeniff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously, how can anyone read ANYTHING on
> ldssmile.com without throwing up a little in the
> back of their mouth?

I can. It doesn't stop at the back of my mouth unfortunately. It comes out as a full fledged hurl.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 10:39PM

Probably a total fake. An atheist wouldn't place such a high value on Christian writings in either the bible or Joe's tome.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 10:58PM

My WEBROOT said this is an unsafe site....BEWARE.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: October 18, 2014 11:05PM

There are lonely nutjobs everywhere in various stages of superstitious belief. It's possible this person was real, lonely, unstable, and willing to say whatever necessary to keep the attention of the young women coming to his door.

Posted by: unabashed ( )
Date: October 19, 2014 01:06AM

Complete fabrication. The LDS obsession with "Atheism" is not found elsewhere in mainstream christianity. The gullibility of the LDS to accept this unsigned and unverified writing is frightening. Is the faith really this shallow?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.