Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 09:38AM

Rather than a policy change?

One would assume Jesus would have mentioned the pending court decision to Tommy during their conversations.

By not getting in front of this LDS Inc is getting dangerously close to letting the world see how the sausage makers conduct their business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 09:39AM by deco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 10:21AM

If this actually happens (and I have my doubts), then it is just a policy change as evidenced by the fact that civil marriage first is the SOP in other countries. If the one year penalty for marrying civilly prior to the temple was a doctrine, then they would enforce it in all countries where they have a presence.

Posted by: John Ferrier ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 11:58AM

Yes it should be a "revelation" and not a policy change. Governments and bureaucrats have policy changes; the supposed "one true church" should expect nothing less than a revelation. And if they're having trouble coming up with how to write the revelation, I'm sure the good folks here would be more than happy to assist.

Besides, a revelation would cause TBMs to have a renewed faith in continuing revelation and silence the critics about no new revelations since... 1890.

So what what this marriage change rumor anyway? It seems to be intentional misinformation or was it a trial balloon by their leaders?

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 12:30PM

It wasn't a revelation to begin with so no.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: October 22, 2014 03:26PM

It is not a command from God. My wife and I were able to marry back in '68 in our home ward and then five days later we were sealed in the temple. We had permission from the First Presidency and carried a letter to the temple president to that effect.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.