Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon as always ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 04:55PM

I am sure they are in a panic and scrambling as they see the tithing figures drop lower and lower every year. Also the drop for requests for temple recommends would follow and be obvious.

Here is what I see, and especially in my own family, immediate and extended, also many friends.

Many that no longer believe still hang on, attend sac. meeting, maybe teach a class or some little job, basically hang on the sidelines for reasons of family, job contacts, or just the social life of the parents or kids or both. Maybe even because it gives them some descent values to help raise their kids by.

So attendance may not look drastically different. BUT, when people have lost their faith, do you really think they will continue to pay a full tithing if any at all? The ones I know could care less about attending the temple- boring is what i hear. I see this happening to many I know, and I have little doubt it is the drop in tithing and temple recs. that tells them the true picture of where the church is heading. Numbers of attendees at meetings means little.

Why else would they be in obvious desperation mode, putting out yet another series of essays on messy things they don't want to admit but know they are being accused of lying about. So they can say "well, we told you about that", Yeah, you told us about polyandry in 2014, am I supposed to be impressed?

It is always about the money, and when the money flow starts to dry up, they KNOW they have many many doubters whose questions have not been answered , or who have many found their own answers online and now know the truth for themselves, so have stopped paying much, if any, tithing. I would guess and least 1/3 to 1/2 of still attending members fit into this category.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:04PM

It makes me wonder what they will do next.

Posted by: builderbob ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:17PM

I totally agree with your thoughts on this. I stopped tithing and temple attendance long before I officially left. It was in part a "wait until I figure this out" strategy as my shelf was breaking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.