Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:53PM

"This week has gone by fast. we do not do much of any thing this past week. Elder *** was sick on [day of the week] so we did not do any thing. On [day of the week] we did nothing but Elder *** got to go to the Temple so I had to go with the other Elders. [day of the week]. Elder *** and I went to *** for a new missionary follow up. It was cool to see everyone that I came out with. Nothing to big happened this week but it was fun and great. The mission life is great. This week we will be doing more tracting. That will be great."

I am estranged (my choice) from my uber LDS family. But they all have my email address. And many of them like to spam their kid's mission emails. This kid who I haven't seen in a decade is possibly mentally challenged probably due to problems when they were trying to deliver him.

I don't know what to make of it. Is he really thinking these things or is he writing what he thinks his parents want to read?

And what is a "new missionary follow up"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:56PM

OMG! That sounds just like my granddaughter's letters. She is in Mesa, AZ right now but will soon go back to Globe. It's all so totally awesome!!!

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 01:59PM

I wonder if they have a template as this sounds like my friends so.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:06PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what is a "new missionary follow up"?

Found out.

http://cavitebound.blogspot.com/2014/05/new-missionary-follow-up.html

Weird. Companionship sign? Does it come with a token? Has it a name?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:19PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Weird. Companionship sign? Does it come with a
> token? Has it a name?

It has.

> Will you give it to me?

Hell, no :)

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 04:09PM

I have a relative on a mission in a fairly large U.S. city. I get weekly emails that are forwarded by his family and they sound a lot like the one you posted. Nothing happens from week to week. No one is interested in being "taught." I think he had one baptism over a year ago. You can't help but see what a huge waste of time it is. It's heartbreaking to think what these kids could/should be doing instead wasting 18 months or two years for the LDS church.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 05:16PM

It sounds like they are bored out of their minds!! Yet another side effect of changing of missionary ages!!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 06:09PM

Elder, your letter sounds like the ones I get from my TBM missionary. Once in a while, there's something about this investigator is wanting to be baptized. The next week, no mention. So far only 1 convert with six months left to go. He in a stateside mission. Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.