Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonToday ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:36AM

This is a website full of testimonies from people in all sorts of religions. I think these testimonies are really interesting, and show that people from many religions believe God has showed them the truth.

Check out the Muslim, Noahide, Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, and True Jesus Church testimonies, and there are lots more. I think it's fascinating to read other peoples' experiences.

http://testimoniesofotherfaiths.blogspot.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:58AM

Admittedly I only skimmed the site, but I noticed the main difference between Mormon testimonies and others was about the BoM being "true" and JS being a prophet of God, while many of the others said they felt the "spirit" and a need to help others.

One telling LDS testimony:
" It was an answer more obvious than anything I had ever experienced. I’d sooner accept 2+2=5 as truth than deny the answer I received on my knees."

So, if you had 2 apples, and put 2 more apples next to them, you'd have 5 apples?

Oh, religion, we're hard wired for it.....

Posted by: AnonToday ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:06PM

What about this Baha'i testimony:

"Instead of going straight to bed I sat at the kitchen table and, just out of curiosity, opened the little red book and began to read a few lines. Then another strange thing happened. It was as though someone hit me gently, but firmly, on the top of the head with a huge rubber mallet. I had the feeling of waking up, as if all my previous life I had been asleep. The printed words on the page of the book seemed like the surface of a vast and fathomless ocean of truth and wisdom. Whatever it was, I knew that it was completely true and infallible. Therefore the author must also be true and infallible. The small red book, which I still have, was The Hidden Words."

Or this Muslim Testimony:

"Before going to sleep that night, my son told me to pray to God before going to sleep and ask Him alone to guide me to the right path. I promised my son that I would sincerely supplicate to God for the answer. I went to my room and read from the book my son had given me. Next, I opened the Holy Quran and began to read. It was if something had been lifted from my heart. I felt different. I saw the truth in Islam. What had I been fighting against all these years?
That night I prayed to God alone–not to Jesus, not to Mary, not to the angels or saints or holy spirit. Just to God I cried and asked for guidance. I prayed that if Islam was the right choice to please change my heart and mind. I went to sleep and the next morning I woke up and announced to my son that I was ready to accept Islam. He was astonished. We both began to cry."

Or this True Jesus Church Testimony:

"I asked the Lord Jesus Christ for a sign to show that the True Jesus Church has the whole truth...
One day, I was sitting under a tree, thinking deeply. I was trying to recall some Bible verses on baptism and praying about a doubt that I had. Suddenly, a miracle happened to me. It was like a light that I could not exactly figure out. It shone on me and took away the doubt in my mind. It seemed that the darkness in my mind was lifted. The doctrine on infant baptism, which I could not at first accept, suddenly became very clear me. I could then accept it with my mind and heart. Since that incident, each time I read the Bible, that former opinion to oppose and the refusal to believe and accept were gone. Today I believe that infants must be baptized in order to be saved.
...Now I know and am confident that this is the end of my search for the whole truth. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for answering my prayer and giving me a sign. I have found the whole truth of my salvation. Glory be given to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!!"

Or this Urantian Testimony:

"...I decided that I believed in God because I needed to, although I was certain that much of what I was hearing in church was not really related to the God I felt inside. So one afternoon, as a junior in high school, while considering all of this, I prayed, 'Father, I don’t really know what is true. But I don’t care how far I have to go or what I have to do, I want to find what is true. Please help me.'
...I began reading the Urantia Book.
...Questions would flood my mind; the answers would be in the next paragraph. I felt my mind opening, my soul exploding. I had never read anything like this.
... Finally, I finished Part III, 'The History of Urantia.' Blam! Bells rang, lights went on—I knew!
...I knew in my experience that this book was true and that it was what it claimed to be.
I had found the truth. I had asked for it. I got it. The truth had set me free.
...I can honestly say that the Urantia Book has changed and enlightened my entire adult life experience on this planet."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.