Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:17PM

"I testify that this is the Church and kingdom of God on earth. I am more certain of that than that you sit there and I stand here. I am more certain of that than anything I know in time or eternity."
http://cavitebound.blogspot.com/2014/10/testimony-of-elder-holland.html

People, things, voices, experiences all could be what an evil demon provides as an immersive illusion of an external reality, including other people to Jeff Holland's senses, where in actual fact no such reality exists except one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon

And the only fact he knows to be inviolably true is Mormonism is the kingdom of God on earth.

But what if that kingdom of God on earth is the only thing the evil demon is providing to him?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:21PM

so in other words he believes all of his senses and intellect are suspect, except his emotional response to mormonism? How f*cked up is that. If the entire gamut of his physiological tools are dodgy, it would be just as impossible to "know" mormonism is true as well.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 03:32PM

Date: October 26, 2014 07:37PM

Well, if members follow this guy and Packer's advice to start a testimony by testifying to what you think might be right but don't know and never find out...

It is the perfect condition to create blind followers. Think The Gospel is more real than reality and testify to the fact without researching to find out what you believe.

Date: October 24, 2014 03:33PM

If I even half-way was vacillating with entertaining a notion of going back, I most definitely am not now.

Why the heck would I follow someone considered a "prophet, seer, and revelator" that disconnected with reality as I see it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.