Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:27AM

I have a wife and kids still in LDS church, and I have not resigned yet.

But I want to write a letter to top brass in SLC demanding an explanation for all the lies they covered the polygamy, polyandry, and Joseph's underaged brides in for so long.

I also want a pretty damned sincere apology for the social sanctions they heaped upon anyone (Read: me) who had the bad luck of finding out the truth before TSCC decided they had to come clean.

I want them to repent in sackcloth and ashes for the lives they ruined and the marriages they destroyed by their lies and demands for duplicity among the 'faithful'.

I want to sign it as a 'member' who has been damaged by their sins.

I guess it's a fool's errand, but why not? I have a couple questions before I send it though...

Who do I write to? Which GA is most likely to respond or at least read it?

Do they write back or refer it to the "local authorities" (who don't know anything about anything)?

Will it make any difference?

Will it hurt my family still in the church in some way? In other words, will the sanctions be worse? Not that I care, but my wife will be hurt if so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dodgeawrench ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:43AM

I've resigned to the fact that "they don't care"! This is officially a war of attrition and the momentum has finally swung in the favor of the truth seeker. But don't count those old codgers out, they will drag this out for as long as they are still living and as long as the $$ continues to funnel in.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:01AM

I'd say Uchtdorf. Certainly not Packer, Oaks, Andersen, or Holland :)

No, it probably won't make a difference.

Posted by: Controlissues ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:07AM

I really, really, really feel your anger and indignation. Your post is "shaking" with outrage. I join you.

I was never a Mormon. Sadly, however, my oldest sister and her husband converted years ago. In the aftermath of a family tragedy, I saw what they would do on behalf of their church. Their actions destroyed our family. The hatred I feel for ths organization is so intense.

I do not know what to DO with my anger. It sounds like you don't either. I sincerely feel for you.

If you ever find a way to LET THEM KNOW, let me know.

Posted by: cytokine ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:14PM

If you're angry, publish your story about how the church has treated your family. Or post the facts--even if it is for the umpteenth time--about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, or the Book of Abraham. Put it in a blog or a YouTube video. Tweet it, FB it, Y!A it, Craigslist it, whatever; get it out there far and wide.

Somewhere in the world right now there is a Mormon teenager who is fed up and searching for dirt about the LDS Church. If something you post or publish fuels her emerging doubts, you can take credit for denying the church one more lifelong tithe payer.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:20AM

"The hatred I feel for this organization is so intense. I do not know what to DO with my anger. It sounds like you don't either. I sincerely feel for you."

I agree 100%. I have the same sentiments. At times I really let go at home and spew out 15-30 minute rants filled with condemnation and factual irrefutable points that destroy the cult. At other times I lay in bed with my mind racing as if I were giving a forceful testimony at the pulpit of a fast and testimony meeting, speaking fast for 45 minutes or so. Then I have to get up, walk around, go outside and settle down. So much is running around in my head and I want everyone to know how devastating it feels to realize you've been conned and lied to your entire life by LD$ Inc. I want the cult to circle down the drain and give me back my family they took from me.

I'd like to hope the Q15 cares, but they don't and never will. Some 40-50 years ago the apostles seemed to answer member's questions.

Today it's different. Take a close look at Tom Phillip's May 2, 2012 letter he wrote to Jeffrey R. Holland http://www.mormonthink.com/files/phillips-holland.pdf These were letters between two men who have had the second anointing. The answers Phillips received from JRH seem to validate the new official apostolic potty-stance for the 21st century: the cult can't risk anything being published on the internet that cannot be controlled. Also, the apostles current trend (and only recourse) seems to be: to admit to nothing and never apologize for anything, since it may damage the brand.

The sentiment of your thoughts are sincere though and I wish you could get a decent apology/response. Now that would be historic!

Date: October 26, 2014 01:29AM

Boy do I hear you. And I was never a member. It must be so much worse for those who were. I have a never-Mo relative who might have voted for Romney (and I do not want to get into politics)but could not because of his dishonesty about his faith and the intense anger she still had about what that cult did to our family.

Our precious brother, also a Never-Mo, was actually buried out of one of their "churches" cause we were steamrollered and insane with grief and a desire to hold the family together. Now I have estranged myself from these people because in my overwhelming, constant sorrow, all they could do and do and do was hit me with Mormon crap. I will never forgive that corrupt, sick group.

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:45PM

That is the frustration of it all. Somebody ought to pay. Somebody needs an ass whoop in'. It will not happen. Our only recourse is to let the willfully blind stew in their own juices. When they see it, they will step away too.

As for the dopes in suits, they'll probably never come clean. I've been a church leader. Power is addictive. Adoration is seduction.

Date: October 26, 2014 01:30AM

Maybe we should all write to Mr Romney?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:35AM

They won't bother reading it. They will boomerang it back to your stake president.

That's how spineless and worthless these low life scum bags are. They show zero respect to the people they've been robbing for decades. They think it's funny that you'd even bother writing to them.

The only way to get a rise of any kind out of these half dead old men is to keep posting the REAL truth of mormonism. It may take years, but keep the truth out there on the internet.

The internet has FORCED them to confess to some very small issues. The confessions are growing, but only because the truth has forced them to try and smooth things over.

Truth telling exmo's are the one and only thing that will bring the mormon church to a place of confession. We have turned the tables. We are the ones with the questions, and we don't tolerate their lies. The pressure is on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2014 01:36AM by madalice.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:38AM

Start with whoever got you into this ugly quagmire of superstition. For me, it was my parents.

Date: October 26, 2014 02:12AM

Just curious, did you write to your parents?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:36AM

Date: October 26, 2014 02:49AM

You have a way with words. "Dismissive of my missive."

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:13AM

You have a good point.

The only reason I was raised mormon was because my grandfather had the hots for a mormon girl. He knew he'd have to sign up if he wanted her. Sign up he did.

The two of them never bothered to own, let alone read a BoM. They went to church in a teeny tiny branch in NE Oregon. That's where they got their mormon info from. At one time my grandfather was the branch president. He knew next to nothing about mormonism.

No matter. They were both buried in that silly green apron.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:12AM

We can't expect any respect out of old men who have lied their way to the top, stepping on marriages, brainwashing our loved ones, stealing our children, condoning and enabling abuse of all kinds. These are the jerks who say, "We've missed you at church, Dear Sister Forestpal, can we count on you to help clean the building next Saturday? TSCC is far worse than "insensitive."

While you are on fire--and you are on fire--can you write an open letter to the Mormon church, and submit it in the editorial section of your local newspaper (if it isn't in SLC)? You represent all of us who have been actually punished for telling the truth. We need to be acknowledged. Of course, we can't expect an apology, ever, or any kind of monetary refund, but the pen is mightier than the sword, and we want to be heard!

Please do this, on behalf of those who were divorced, dis-owned by our families, dis-inherited, shunned by the Mormons, maligned, fired from our jobs, coerced into wasting our time, threatened, given false promises, and conned out of our money. The list seems endless. Now that TSCC has "taken it all back," how can they ever make up for all the harm they caused us.

Date: October 26, 2014 02:51AM

An open letter is a great idea! It could backfire on his family though.

I would love to see a long list f open letters going.... Where?

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:57AM

Open letter to newspaper. It's the only way you'll get any traction and satisfaction. Call it satistraction.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:37AM

I truly question if the 15 Black Suits and many other elite church-cult members are even capable of having empathy for people they see as "below" them, you know just like Mitt Romney who showed his true colors when he was caught on video.

I think they have seen us as duped, unimportant, dumb smucks who have earned the position we find ourselves in. However, our relentless actions of proving with indisputable actual facts their lying actions now has them seeing that we aren't as dumb and incapable as they thought we were and they are running in circles trying to get out of the quagmire they are caught in.

They are running scared, and they should be. Personally, the only way I would consider accepting an apology from them is if I could be very, very sure they really were sincere and honest. And, that brings up a big, big problem, doesn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2014 02:38AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:57AM

This is a fabulous idea. I think all of us on this board want to sign it. Is there a way we can write a letter and we all sign it even if electronically sign it? This could make the news if there are enough of us.
Any ideas? WHo wants to do the writing part?

Date: October 29, 2014 01:47AM

Of course the CULT will not apologize but a letter from all of the people who have been harmed by the CULT on the news would do damage.

I am for ANYTHING that will help to bring about the end of the CULT, anything! Baby steps.

Date: October 26, 2014 11:27AM

I am a NeverMo. I would love to see all of you Ex Mormons here write a nicely-worded letter to the powers that be. I would be happy to help with the editing. (My former job.) Send it to every major newspaper in Utah.

Non Mormons who have been damaged by the church could write another letter. I would be pleased to edit it as well.

Full disclosure, I was raised as a traditional Christian and am totally ecumenical. I am not an atheist,for example. But all of those who have been damaged by this organization should let the organization know.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:41AM

They will deny all your accusations. They will tell you they never lied, and their history is an open book.

And they will tell you to leave if you have a problem with that.

Posted by: grubbygert nli ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 12:19PM

ever wonder how they sleep at night? they tell themselves this:

"...when there is no duty to reveal all and when one has not made an affirmative statement implying that all has been revealed, it is simply incorrect to equate silence with lying."

-Dallin H. Oaks

(This fireside address was given to faculty, students, and alumni of BYU on September 12, 1993.)

http://www.lds-mormon.com/oakslying.shtml

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:46PM

grubbygert nli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ever wonder how they sleep at night? they tell
> themselves this:
>
> "...when there is no duty to reveal all and when
> one has not made an affirmative statement implying
> that all has been revealed, it is simply incorrect
> to equate silence with lying."
>
> -Dallin H. Oaks
>
> (This fireside address was given to faculty,
> students, and alumni of BYU on September 12,
> 1993.)
>
> http://www.lds-mormon.com/oakslying.shtml

Did he forget the part: lying by ommission?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:01PM

It would be like demanding a dog apologize for your allergies to their dander. The dog has no clue he has dander, let alone the concept of allergies. He thinks he is only a loyal companion and you give him food.

I honestly think they feel the end justifies the means and they are seriously deluded. Complaining to them only enforces their view that apostates are angry misguided people who were not "elite" and have lost the spirit.

To a True Believer, everything is interpreted to justify their beliefs.

The facts are abundant and available for anyone who wants to pull their head out.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 01:55PM

You can demand all you want, it won't get any results. The best way to show your anger is to RESIGN. It is the clearest way to send a message to them.

Date: October 26, 2014 01:56PM

I don't expect them to come clean or apologize. They are institutional men, after all. I would be very pleasantly surprised if they did, but don't expect anything.

I want to write to get it off my chest. They have hurt so many people.

I knew Stuart Matis, a gay mormon who killed himself in California in the 90s. I want them to apologize for that. I want them to stop persecuting gays and treating women as less than men and threatening families with separation after death and causing divorces and suicides.

I have seen families torn apart. I have seen others live lives of hypocrisy and fear. I have seen good people turned duped and stupid and do horrible things to others.

They will not care, but it might have an effect on my TBM family members, and if it is sent back to my local leaders and I get to lay this all out to them, then all the better.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:02PM

You're more likely to get an apology and explanation by writing to:

Yogi Bear
Jellystone Park
Wyoming

than from 50 E.North Temple.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:08PM

I feel for you. I am still reeling over having a conversation with the 2 elders at my front door last night.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1414768

At first I thought it was cathartic and to some degree it was. Now I am so upset I can't see straight. Those 2 little weiners promised me that the mormon prophet would come and answer my questions after I told them very firmly that their deception isn't acceptable to me.

Should I write the local mission pres and ask for an interview and describe just how deceptive these elders were?

Now I'm thinking I could go on kijiji and post an add warning people about 2 missionaries knocking on there door.
What do you think, cause today I feel like I'm in the same violated situation you are in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2014 02:09PM by joan.

Date: October 27, 2014 10:01AM

Thank you for this first-hand reminder of how quixotic my desire to write SLC is. I know I will get nothing but frustration and hair-pulling from it. They don't get it and they never will, any more than my 75 year old dad will. Too set in their paradigm. Too--sorry Elder Ballard--out of touch.

Date: October 29, 2014 01:50AM

YOu will not get an apology, but isn't negative publicity for the CULT worth it?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 02:45PM

This is giving them rent free room in your head.

It took me a long time to realise that was true in my case.

Date: October 27, 2014 01:36AM

This is a great line, "rent-free room in your head". I am going to try to use this thought. I thank you.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 06:06PM

Two comments in reply to this thread:

1) Would the impact of seeing countless and countless names of people who have resigned and choose to not be active have an impact on members of the church-cult? Would this be something worthwhile to put on the Internet?

2) Dallin H. Oakes, as well as the other 14 Black Suits do not have a reliable, truthful understanding of the word "duty," IMHO. Oakes says and I quote part of what the above poster put on this thread, "....when there is no duty to reveal all..."

Posted by: FiresideElder ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 08:27PM

We need a petition, signed by real people, demanding that the cult publish its finances!

The pressure from the press if we reached critical mass of signers and got some publicity would be too much...maybe. Depends on how much they really have to hide. At any rate they would get a black eye from the publicity.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 08:32PM

In 1997, I sent a letter to church headquarters outlining several problems and asking for a reply. I specifically asked them to not send it to my local leaders, so guess what, they sent it back to my local leaders, without a response.

Anyway, I was looking the address up for church headquarters in SLC, and that's when I found this site, and came to conclude it was all BS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.