Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 11:32PM

...what other ways are there for the real "shareholders" of LDS, Inc. to get their cash laundered out of the con?

And what should we be looking for to know that the feces has finally started to hit the fan?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:15AM

I think Deseret Book is a great way.

Say you need to "launder" 10 million dollars. You designate people who are to receive the money. The payees then enter into an agreement to write books. Then the payee writes a book (or uses a ghost writer) for a book deal that stipulates a large million or multimillion dollar advance. the advance is given, the book is written. The book then sits in editing for YEARS if it gets published at all. Then if it does get published, its main customer base is only at Deseret Book. Then sales are so craptacular that it goes on clearance for $2.99, so now you've invested 10 million with sales of 50,000 bucks realizing a very handsome net loss.

Since no money figures are ever publicly disclosed, who's to know?

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:56AM

Addressing the book angle (which is a great one, IMO), would it be possible that (besides needing to redact and rewrite) the standard works revision in 2013 could have been testing the waters for a cash-out? Undoubtedly there are some corporate interests in paper production and other materials needed for scripture production (leather for the high-end copies, etc.) with in hierarchy, right?

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:16AM

Well Mitt made most of his money in consulting. On one of the LDS Inc's leaked tax returns (I forget which one) 750k was claimed as an expense for "parking consulting"

My guess is that this happens to the point they consider it legit.

If i were to speculate, I would guess that LDS Inc is secret partnerships with organizations with a lot of money (use the word cartel) and uses these organizations money and LDS Inc's reputation to launder money through real estate development.

I would guess that is how the Jesus mall, Florida land grab, and philly projects wee financed.

It is a win for LDS inc, whom I think hides their finances not because of too much money, but far too little. The faithful execs embezzled too much of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 01:17AM by deco.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.