Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 04:54PM

Bed bugs are incredibly difficult to get rid of. I live in an apartment complex and they just heated every room to get rid of bedbugs, but the bugs are coming back to my apartment, and probably to other apartments as well. The landlord said something about having to get rid of every bed bug. Maybe he is feeling pressure from the owner, or from other tenants. But it is probably impossible to get rid of them completely. The best thing is to keep doing heat treatments, but of course that would cost money. Or maybe try carbon dioxide traps.

You have to be a fanatic to have any chance of getting rid of them permanently. You have to wash all clothes and fabrics repeatedly, inspect the entire house very, very closely, and do all kinds of time consuming stuff, and make sure you don't make a single mistake, since one pregnant female can infest your dwelling once again. In an apartment complex, maybe one or two people might be fanatics and waste their lives checking every crevice and washing day and night, but people who are not that fanatical will always have bugs, and they'll spread to every apartment. Personally, they don't "bug" me enough to become an obsessive washer and checker, especially since they'll probably come back anyway.

Mormonism is hard to eradicate as well. Some people become fanatics and try to spread the truth of the Church to their friends and family and the public at large. But you have to get the truth to every single person, and give every single person a test so he/she does not forget it. This borders on the impossible, so we have to be content with the way things are. Just because Mormonism persists is in no way evidence that it is true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 05:31PM

Persistent bloodsuckers.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 09:41PM

I moved into my new home and the pervious tenant had the bedbug issue. The place was spotless I then started getting the rashes with docs saying it's eczema ( yes its normal) and walla here's some creme. So one night ( as usuall) I'm laying bed waiting to fall asleep and felt something crawling up my hairy leg ( I'm a man) I caught it and found it to be a bed bug. That was the second time. The first time I had no idea what I was looking at. Ick! Started tearing into my room of the the course of 2 weeks and threw out a ton of items, anything with eggs, stains, or bugs. I live by myself and it makes it easy. Eventually a bag of silicon based powder and pair of needle nose pliers won out. I still see one from time to time. It dies immediately. Pepsi are saying pest controls companies have no idea. Look for the eggs and in the dark spot around and in your bed. I have even found them in the popcorn textured ceiling. They usually end up in the ceiling hiding from light. Yes the more bot and zombieoprics will be sacking the life out of you with trivial tscc related stuff. It's why I lost interest

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:20PM

Or cockroaches. I lived in one apartment that they were impossible to get rid of, as they just came back from another one, even though the management routinely had all apartments sprayed.

When I moved, some eggs must have been hidden somewhere, as they started appearing there. Luckily there wasn't the reappearance from neighbors, and I was able to get rid of them.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:48PM

You do have to be aggressive and relentless to get rid of Mormons.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with bedbugs. Good luck. All I can say is be extremely aggressive and relentless because they must be awful, seeing as how they're so much like Mormons.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:48PM

I actually found bedbugs less annoying, somehow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.