Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 11:52PM

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/tribtalk/1742980-155/com-essay-mormon-plural-sltrib-smith

This webinar happened right after the original posting by the SL Tribune on the Joseph Smith polygamy essays.

I watched the discussion. Insightful, but not entertaining. These are women that seem amiable to Mormonism and the rationale behind their behaviors. The conversations give insights though, and you do,hear some of the lingering NOM and TBM doubts.

Laura Hales is the wife of a well-known apologist Brad Hales. She admits she doesn't tell her kids Mormon truths. Doesn't want to freak them out. Mormon moms giving them Reverend Smith's spiked Kool-Aid.

If you want to hear her horrible 2 minutes go to 34:45. This is an awful woman. Selling milk before meat because those with simpler minds can't handle the meat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 12:33AM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 11:57PM

"Laura Hales is the wife of a well-known apologist Brad Hales. She admits she doesn't tell her kids Mormon truths. Doesn't want to freak them out."

What absolutely boggles my mind is how a TBM can claim that the gospel of Jesus Christ needs to be so damned secretive. What's the point of hiding something from your kids? These folks are nutter.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 12, 2014 12:00AM

some of the odd things about Mormonism that she accepts?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: November 12, 2014 09:10AM

One of the best points was that it came from a male perspective.

Who wrote these essays. I think it is an important piece of information. Why won't the people that wrote these essays put their name on the work.

Is this revelation, apologetics, or Church doctrine? If none of these three, what the hell is it? A work in progress?!?

Posted by: laperla ( )
Date: November 12, 2014 12:02PM

"The Guatemalans don't even speak Spanish so we can't tell them about polygamy"!

The Guaeamalan indians I stayed with on Lake Atitlan were the most civilized group I've ever met. Not afraid of silence, considerate and caring, easy to laugh at themselves (and me).

I never sat in comfortable silence with a group before or after that time. We did that every evening watching the sun go down.

I hope they survived the violence and the volcano.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.