Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dsp399 ( )
Date: November 17, 2014 07:21PM

I've known for a while that my family is heavily intertwined with the church. My dad's side of the family joined up in Kirtland in the 1830's and my mom's side went to Utah from the Netherlands in the 1860's (and then joined up with the Millerites when they found out about polygamy and had a mini-war with the mormons before self-deporting to Idaho).

Prior to leaving Zion in 2007 I had a job in Bountiful. I remembered my grandmother telling me that we were somehow tied to the Sessions family that settled most of Bountiful. I was browsing familysearch.org this morning and sure enough, through my Grandma's side is Sylvia Sessions at Great Grandma #4 and Patty Bartlett at Great Grandma #5.

I called my brother who is also an ex-mo and we are planning to make shirts for the next family reunion that say, "The prophet for sure banged my grandma and maybe my grandma's mom too."

Thankfully I'm not from the Josephine line that would make us blood descendents of JS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2014 07:21PM by dsp399.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.