Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 04:56PM

and some are now desperately seeking Susan I/S.

Jetwitch writes:

This is slightly OT, but is there an exmo/seriously questioning board? It seems like there are a lot of us who have some things to work through and maybe it would be better if we did that in a space a little more separate from those who aren't struggling.

I apologize if this crosses a line and I'll be happy to delete it if it upsets people or is too OT.

Mom, it may be time to introduce yourself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 05:57PM

I have never posted over there and I am sure just my email addy - ExMoLight@gmail.com - would be enough to get me banned. But if anyone would like to post a link there it would be a good thing. I am only on page eight but I feel so very very bad for some of those gals. It would be great if they could find out they are NOT alone in this.

Posted by: Skeptical ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 06:02PM

No surprise that a request is made for those struggling not to discuss is openly so it wont bother posters "who are struggling."

If other posters really aren't struggling with Smith's sexual practices why request the discussion to be private, or avoid the thread all together??

Posted by: nevermo1 ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 06:05PM

I honestly feel like some people are all talk and no action,unfortunately.

It reminds me of friends(who have
No intention of leaving their boyfriends) grumbling to one another about what drives then crazy in their men...

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 07:10PM

"But the first wife will say, ‘It is hard, for I have lived with my husband twenty years, or thirty, and have raised a family of children for him, and it is a great trial to me for him to have more women;’ then I say it is time that you gave him up to other women who will bear children. If my wife had borne me all the children that she ever would bare, the celestial law would teach me to take young women that would have children...."

Brigham Young

Are we supposed to put our pretty tin foil bonnets on and pretend we've known about all this since we were in Primary?

The girls are on a roll.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 07:37PM

I wonder if it would make sense for RfM to add a "questioning" forum? It would probably be a "gateway" to getting out... but may need to be heavily moderated to avoid people getting badgered. Not sure... just an idea.

Posted by: anon90 ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 07:42PM

Not a bad idea. This place can be really intimidating to newbies. We need a "milk before meat" section of RfM.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 07:50PM

I would like to 2nd the motion for a "milk before meat" section of RFM!

Or send them over to the "short topics" section or directly to Richard Packham's site as well!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: November 19, 2014 11:06AM

There actually is a forum on BBC for questioning, exmos http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6720357/mormonism_more

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 11:04PM

scooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and some are now desperately seeking Susan I/S.
>
> Jetwitch writes:
>
> This is slightly OT, but is there an
> exmo/seriously questioning board? It seems like
> there are a lot of us who have some things to work
> through and maybe it would be better if we did
> that in a space a little more separate from those
> who aren't struggling.
>
> I apologize if this crosses a line and I'll be
> happy to delete it if it upsets people or is too
> OT.
>
> Mom, it may be time to introduce yourself.

I think this forum might be a little much for some of those questioning "sisters". The people here can be oh, so very hateful and disdainful of ALL mormons, and every thing they do.

But they do need a place to go to get real answers. Maybe Mormon Think would be less harsh.

Posted by: Ex not logged in ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 11:10PM

Maybe someone could refer them to New Order Mormon site?

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 11:15PM

Some references were posted for mormonthink and new order Mormon. The last comment is a group owner (guessing moderator). The thread is now on hold for review at BBC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.