Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: closet questioner ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 09:14PM

There has been some discussion this board over the years regarding emasculation of men by the church. Perhaps that explains church leaders' poor propensity for truthfulness. According to a 2012 study, testosterone increases honesty: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121010172212.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CB ( )
Date: November 15, 2014 10:08PM

I have tons of the stuff, and yes, I am (honestly) very honest. I cannot stand lies or even the shading of truth. So maybe that is true. I suppose all of the guys that stay in mormonism are a bunch of weenies. They must have a high weenie quotient. True?

Posted by: Feijoada ( )
Date: November 16, 2014 12:17AM

Does this mean that females are monster liars? Perhaps.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: November 16, 2014 09:31AM

As an older guy, I don't have as much testosterone any more and don't miss it, either! Now I get to spend all that time I used to think about sex on thinking about other interesting stuff. Sex is still interesting, just not all consuming. The little soldier behaves himself and now only stands at attention if asked. As for lying, I learned long ago that it just leads to trouble, so I avoid it for practical reasons. I never allowed the church to "emasculate" me, always preferring to keep my own opinions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2014 09:33AM by rationalist01.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:03PM

I often wonder about what it would have been like to have been born a woman. I consider them more complex and complete as beings.. A little bit of remorse comes to mind at times. Don't presume what I feel. Feminists tend to label all men as unfeeling and non-empathetic.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 16, 2014 10:49AM

Oh, good, a joke that is not all that funny, that is sexist, and improperly mixes metaphorical emasculation with literal low testosterone levels.

Worst part is the sexism. Is the take-away here that the worst thing in the world is to be like a woman? Or how women are treated in Mormonism isn't so bad because they aren't being emasculated, even though they are more than 50% of the church population? Actually, they are more than 50% of the world population.

Sorry to be a grump, but this is profoundly sexist on several levels.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 12:31AM

One of the premises of your argument is clearly wrong. Men are not castrated in the Mormon church. Mormon men sire lots of children. I do not know why you would make such a clearly false claim.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 12:50AM

Stuff and nonsense!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 02:48AM

This reminds me of the parable of the fig tree. It couldn't tell a lie, because it was a tree. But it did get its figs clipped.

Posted by: Anon666 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:36AM

The FemNazi's are on one it looks like.
Yes, the church turns men into submissive Weenies.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:13AM

Here's an interesting tidbit about a castration cult in Imperial Russia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy

It seems being a religious fanatic without any parts does not make you lie more than anyone else.

If you are asking the question are men who live under the domination of a stifling, oppressive cult akin to a totalitarian state more prone to lying and corruption, perhaps.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:21AM

rationalist, I know what you mean about the views of sex changing as you get older. I thought maybe it was just me. I'm a female, 61, and I feel the same way. For the past couple of years, I have changed thoughts about sex. I just don't give a rat's behind, and this is wonderful! Life is so simple because of it. No drama.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.