Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 10:37AM

I used to believe the doctrines of the LDS religion. I grew up in the time period were it was "allowed" for men to discuss the mysteries of the kingdom of God. My brain was able to put all the really weird things Mormons used to believe together by listening to learned men in Priesthood.

Today's Mormon's are not allowed to discuss the mysteries of God. Instead they get to "feel good" and many of these feel good Mormons have no ideal what their religion really believes. Used to believe is a better word.

The Mormon Church of 2014 does not (is not) the same religion it was in 1964. During the past 50 years, Mormonism has morphed into a do nothing feel good religion. Be OBEDIENT is the law and never mind the lies that are told.

What kind of Mormon were you? Are you obedient and a slave?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2014 10:38AM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shelfless ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:15PM

I would say its more of a Know nothing, feel good, do so much that you don't have time to learn anything or critically think religion. Sorry for putting words in your mouth.

I watch my parents slave away for their church so much that they miss out on countless activities. My dad has a chronic illness, MS, and he will often work so hard for the church that he has to sleep away the weekend. He gets up for his 3 hr brainwashing but then often goes right back to bed. I know it makes him happy which is why I haven't expressed my thoughts and feelings. I want to enjoy the time I have left with him, not fight about a made-up religion. My shelf only broke 2 weeks ago though so we will see what the future holds.

I was a combination of the feel good and the doctrinal mormon. I hope/wish that most are. The more I found out about the true beliefs and history, the less I could swallow despite the "feel goods". Those feel goods are what my wife loves and wants to hold onto. Time will tell how this all will play out for us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.