Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 09:24PM

Instead, I was a member of an apostate church that had fallen away from the one true church. Sure, our tithing money went to TSCC, but the system of beliefs that my church taught me was incompatible with today's one true church.

For starters, the founder of the church that I went to did NOT practice polygamy. A church founded by a polygamist would be called a sex cult. The founder of my church allowed the practice of polygamy to occur, but it wasn't illegal at the time and he did not practice it himself. The founder of my church translated an ancient record using a urim and thummim. The founder of my church died after destroying a printing press that printed lies and called for violence against innocent saints.

There were no temples in my country when I was young. Maybe that is why we were such apostates? In my church secret signs and symbols were how you got into Gaddianton's band of robbers, NOT how you got into heaven.

In the church that I grew up in, the Lamanites were the principal ancestors of all Native Americans and most Polynesians. The earth was 13k years old. Evolution was not true, and even if God used evolution to create animals, he created man from dust and NOT from other animals. In my church Noah's flood was global, the Exodus was a historical event and the Israelites conquered Canaan. In other words, the bible was literally true, unless it conflicted with more recent scriptures.

Did anyone else go to the same church that I did? I could call the church that I went to "The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints" but a different church uses that name now. The church that I went to doesn't exist any more and I don't know what to call it. Maybe I should call it "The Mormon church of the 1980's"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.