Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 01:50PM

Once we've resigned I think evidence points to the fact that we're still counted in the numbers they tout every year.

There was a recent post about the Church thinking an ex-Mormon was dead. Would a deceased person more likely be removed from the count?

How does one notify the Church of his untimely death? That would be an interesting experiment...we could go in and see if temple work has been done in a few years, etc...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 03:47PM

some point over 100 years of age. Sorry, I can't recall the exact year, but someone else will know.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 03:53PM

Whatever we do -- resign, play dead, etc. -- I think the church pretty much pulls its membership numbers out of its @ss.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 05:34PM

Just live to be 111 be wise they count you till your 110.

In the big picture it does not matter. What matters is you live a wonderful life and shit on TSCC every chance you get.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 11:59PM

Sounds like you've got a good thing going there. Don't rock the boat!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 27, 2014 12:10AM

That would be fine...'cause the church is dead to me so turnabout is fair play.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Elder OldDog ( )
Date: November 27, 2014 12:19AM

As humans become more sophisticated, do the Recording Angels keep up with us? During JS's time, the Recording Angel's used ledgers and quill pens. Not being up on the latest computer methods for entering and keeping figures, is there something better than spreadsheets?

And what happens if an ex-mo who has resigned his membership goes into hiding and years later his TBM daughter has him declared dead, waits a year and then takes the court order to her local temple and has the ex-mo's 'work' done for him? Would he have to come out of hiding to resign again? And if a live human has his temple work done for him, and dies two minutes after being baptized for the dead, did he die without sin?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.