Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:37AM

So, my nightly routine before bed is to check the forum... reading about the spat of suicides lately just makes me sick to my stomach.

In the next 9 months to a year, I'm going to start a full time historical preservation project to record your testimonies about what the TSCC actually is, with an emphasis on teachings that they "never taught" such as blood, oaths, etc. I have a strong academic background, a masters from one of the top four universities in the world and I promise I will do you proud.

I know going on the record with this sort of thing and documenting it so it's not just floating out around the internet it a lot to ask. I'm willing to be transparent with you all in an effort to build trust.

So I'll start with a little bit about myself so you can get a sense of my (warped) personality. :)

Next year for Halloween I'm going as 14 year old Helen Mar Kimball. I'm 28 but often pass for much younger. Think Lolita + 19th century fashion. At the very least it will be a conversation starter!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:34PM

But Helen wasn't a Lolita. And JS wasn't Humbert Humbert.

Its a great idea, but in the interest of truth, please rethink your presentation.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:48PM

I think the idea is to dress as Helen would have been seen in JS lustful mind, every bit the Lotita. However, it would be bad if the poster attended Halloween activities in the all-together.

Posted by: (Not logged in) ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:30PM

Hey rutabaga,
You're totally right. I didnt explain myself well at all. I would never want to disparage Helen's memory. I meant that I would have to make myself look younger (ie Lolita myself). :)

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:12PM

Please do it. Helens story needs to be told.

I just can't visualize what a 19th century Lolita would look like. Maybe some pictures of you in your costume will help the rest of us understand. :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.