Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 08:54AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 08:57AM

No, they did not. The Epoch Times is pseudo BS.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 09:09AM

Yes, I agree. Should of made a disclaimer, "Epoch Times" is sort of like Ancient Aliens on TLC.

Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 10:51AM

I remember not too long ago a show on either the Discovery Channel or History that posed the question: Who were the first to discover America?

One of the earliest was the Chinese because of some of the remains that have been discovered along the western shores. What was found was huge stones with holes in the top almost like anchors would have been used back in the day. There are also primitive drawings of the Americas.

They did check to see if as the BoM claims were valid, and what was interesting was that in no way did any of the claims match up.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 11:14AM

China engaged in a rather short-lived period of seafaring exploration. There's some scant evidence to show they might have reached (probably accidentally) the west coast of the Americas, but it's hardly conclusive.
If they did, the ones who reached the west coast probably were stuck there, and didn't make it back to China. In any case, what little contact or stranding may have happened had little or no effect on the Native Americans there at the time.

Gavin Menzies is a controversial "historian" who is one of the big proponents of Chinese world exploration. Here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Menzies

I've read both his books, and find them interesting but lacking any firm evidence. :)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 11:19AM

America was discovered by my ancestors, the Esperantans. The story of their saga across the polar icecap, "Our Noble Meanderings," is recorded in Reformed Esperanto.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.