Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MossyBucket ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 05:53PM

If God gave a TED talk, then invited unfiltered questions from the audience, and you got the mic, what would you ask?

ME: Why did you establish a church that keeps leaders until senility, illness, and far beyond appropriate human capacity to lead, inspire and communicate?

The mic is passed to you. All eyes are fixed on you. Smartphones are uploading to YouTube. What do you ask?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Corporate+elderly+leaders%2C+seniority+by+age&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: raindancer ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 06:34PM

I think God's answer to you would be that He in NO WAY inspired tscc.

I would ask Him how I could be helpful in freeing others from its life-sucking bondage.

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 07:06PM

I'd want to know why he likes making his children suffer so much while supposedly being all loving/merciful. Does he have munchausen by proxy or something?

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 07:09PM

If God hated death so much, why did he make everything mortal, not just humans?

A lot of suffering is brought on by other humans. Why do you blame God for that?

If God is a clockmaker like Deists believe, then he just created the world and set it in motion. He doesn't intervene on a daily basis. Viruses mutate on their own to survive and live their own little lies. The same with rats, bacteria and other things humans don't like.

He made the world to evolve and change. Just because we don't like the way it works doesn't mean it wasn't part of his plan to begin with. We also just assume that humans are the entire focus of creation, instead of just one part. What if tigers are asking God why he allows humans to destroy their habitat?

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 10:27PM

Yeah, I was pretty much thinking of the mormony version of god I was raised to believe in. Mormon/bible god seems to me like one sick psychopathic bastard. Of course, if there were a clockmaker type god, he's also a nasty fucker. I mean, if you're gonna create the universe and living beings, shouldn't you at least give enough of a fuck to set things up so it's not so damn shitty for the large majority of living things? One is abusive, the other is neglectful... both suck.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 07:22PM

adult male perspective my Heavenly Mother has got to be off the charts with charm, intelligence, grace, beauty, attitude, not putting up with BS from any man, especially one who tends toward extremes like Elohim.

Seriously, to be able to walk, talk and be close to a woman like that and to have her be my mother. Now that would be heaven!

I am fortunate enough to work with and be around many very dynamic, brainy, gorgeous, funny and powerful females. Just imagining being in a place in heaven (where or whatever that may be) where these advanced human types hang out.

And then one of them is my mother and another is my partner. Pretty humbling and a challenge to rise to the occasion. My daughter is heading that direction as she continually amazes me with her independence, drive, motivation and spark for life.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 10:08PM

"Thank you all for being in my hallucination this morning. God, tell us exactly...who created YOU?"

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 10:15PM

Why are we here... and is there life after death.
Old, I know, but it's what I want to know.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 04, 2014 10:15PM

hey god ....WTF were you thinking ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2014 10:15PM by Dave the Atheist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.