Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: saanhetna ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 09:52PM

Would like to send a note to a GA. Addresses anyone? What are the chances of it not ending up in an assistant's circular file?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 10:24PM

Office of the First Presidency
47 East South Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Ut
84150-1200

Office of the Quorum of the Twelve
47 East South Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Ut
84150-1200

Don't expect it to be read by them. It will get sent back to your Stake President.

http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/60087/From-the-First-Presidency.html

Dear Brethren and Sisters:

Members of the Church continue to place telephone calls and write letters to Church headquarters about doctrinal issues and personal matters. By reason of their callings, local leaders are entitled to the spirit of discernment and inspiration to enable them to counsel members within their jurisdiction.

Accordingly, correspondence from members will be referred back to their local leaders for handling. Stake presidents who have need for further clarification about doctrinal or procedural issues may write to the First Presidency in behalf of their members.

It is our desire that all members will feel they have the support and guidance they need; however, all things should be done in wisdom and order. We believe that both members and local leaders will be blessed as they pray and counsel together in an effort to resolve matters of concern to them.

Signed by the First Presidency:

Thomas S. Monson

Henry B. Eyring

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 11:07PM

In other words...d i s c o n n e c t e d ,
Or another.......d i s a s s o c I a t e d .
OR...............d I s e e n g a g e d .
or plain ol' OUT OF TOUCH.

Why would they waste time with the peons?
They have an Empire to build for Jebus!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 11:29PM

a lying, insensitive a$$hat. But you will certainly have a warmly interactive meeting with the bishop when this letter is bounced back to him.

Don't even try it.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 11, 2014 09:40AM

So in other words: shut up, clean our toilets, and keep paying our salaries, err, stipends.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 11:14PM

the surest way is to flush the toilet at least twice.

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 11:31PM

There houses address are online...send it to their home

Posted by: MossyBucket ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 11:33PM

When the church was fresh, easy to kick around, there was instituted a Parallel Joseph. I think the Brethren will son create a Parallel Quorum to take the heat.

http://www.boap.org/LDS/Parallel/

Posted by: saanhetna ( )
Date: December 10, 2014 11:33PM

Actually, I was hoping to share a few words with good ole marc Nash. Review for him his streamlined, all inspired counsel from the almighty that caused irreparable damage to my children. Charming, slithering fraud.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 11, 2014 01:21AM

Sorry about the damage to your children.

Interesting, isn't it, that the Elite Black Suits signed this mandate they made about absolutely not contacting them, while the 12 essays were left signature free?

Yessiree, they sign away when they want to. I'm sure they also sign business deal after business deal when it is needed.

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: December 11, 2014 07:55AM

So why not write a letter on behalf of someone in the ward to the big kahunas? Then you can sit back and enjoy the show a couple of weeks later. Could you imagine a staunch member being called in about their "questions"?

"No, No, that wasn't me, I believe, I really believe!"

That's not what your letter says. We disfellowship you for 1 month.

bwahahahaha

Posted by: lvskeptic ( )
Date: December 11, 2014 12:18PM

downsouth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So why not write a letter on behalf of someone in
> the ward to the big kahunas? Then you can sit
> back and enjoy the show a couple of weeks later.
> Could you imagine a staunch member being called in
> about their "questions"?
>
> "No, No, that wasn't me, I believe, I really
> believe!"
>
> That's not what your letter says. We
> disfellowship you for 1 month.
>
> bwahahahaha

Happened in a former stake a number of decades ago. A member wrote a letter to an Area Authority, with the letter being less than complimentary of the local SP. The letter, of course, was reverse mailed back to the SP, who called this member in for a meeting.

The member (my friend), denied sending the letter (which he really had sent).

Here is the KICKER......the SP said that he believed him, as the SPIRIT had told him (the SP) that the letter was a FORGERY, and that my friend had had nothing to do with it.

THAT is when my friend took great pleasure in informing the SP that he had just lied, that he had indeed written the letter, and that obviously the SP needed to take his power of discernment in for a tuneup.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 11, 2014 09:12AM

Write some made up story whereby the Holy Ghost facilitated a miracle based upon Mormonism. Not only will it be read, it will be incorprated into a General Conference talk.

Posted by: crathes ( )
Date: December 11, 2014 01:02PM

OK, so all those lovely, faith promoting letters that get read in General Conference? Where do they come from, if all letters are sent back to the locals? Or, (and I just can't believe this) do just make up stuff??

You're making things up, again, Arnold.
You're making things up, again, Arnold.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.