Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 12:36AM

The Boner here...yes, I'm quite earthy. Why? Well, why not? Being earthy is my personality. I laugh at dirty jokes, enjoy double entendres, cuss frequently--but clean up nicely in polite company. Being earthy remindS me of the wonderfulness of my body, my own mortality, and enables me to make friends quickly. Personally, give me earthiness over piety any day! The Bone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 12:37AM by byuboner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 12:39AM

Date: December 18, 2014 12:46AM

Now, why the fuck would I want to resist!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 12:44AM

Boner, I agree wholeheartedly, my friend. And bein' a farmer and all I have a goodly knowledge of said earth too. So I'm earthy both literally and figuratively. Email me some time at 48dirtfarmer@gmail.com. Would love to chat.

RB

Date: December 18, 2014 12:46AM

Will do!

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 01:29AM

Hell yeah :D
Gotta have a little earthiness, or life ain't worth livin. Even my very proper TBM bishop dad will make earthy jokes at the table once in a while, or let one squeak out and blame it on the creaky floor ;)
Keep it real Boner :D

Posted by: Mythb4meat ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 01:46AM

Hey Mr. Boner;

Yeah, I'm a bit earthy also. No eco freak mind you, but I do my part for the environment. I am big on recycling aluminum....they make airplanes out of that stuff!

Next, I drive ridiculously long distances on very small amounts of gasoline. I have a car that averages 92 miles per gallon, and 102 on long trips!

Me and Ron Burr have both done some farming and driven tractors...man I love tractors. Do my own mechanical work and maintenance on them. I have an airplane also, and save fuel by only burning 4 gallons per hours in flight, which is very low for a Cessna....

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 01:51AM

I'm so curious, what are you driving that gets 100 mpg? My VW passat only (lol.. "only"..) gets 50 mpg.

Posted by: Mythb4meat ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 02:00AM

...2005 Honda Insight.

EPA rated at 70, it is not difficult to greatly exceed that.

I am a hypermiler, rated #3 in the nation. I have been refining efficient driving techniques for 24 years. I teach seminars and presentations on how to increase your fuel economy in whatever car you drive. I've given personal driving clinics to hundreds of individuals. Kind of a geek hobby, but I love saving fuel and going over 1000 miles on a 10.6 gallon tank of gas!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 02:04AM

Earthy denotes unrefined, that is hardly in harmony with the highly scrubbed and washed, clean cut FBI agent White shirt and tie image that LDS Inc wants their male members to project, (oh sure, LDS inc has recently gone to more of a broad tent approach because they have to, due to hard times for themselves to bolster sagging membership numbers, but never doubt that LDS inc still clings to the white shirt white collar executive image at their core).

Worldy, not to be confused with earthy, is the intriguing concept with respect to MORmONISM. Members are told not to be worldly as LDS INC shakes them down for offering, but when LDS inc executives want something, like tons and tons of cash for stuff like the Olympics or a serious upgrade for their MORmON vatican headquarters remodel including a convertible top for their new mall, then that is a "need" which is not be questioned, and it certainly is not "worldly".

Date: December 18, 2014 02:19AM

White shirt and tie, never! Jeans, T-shirt, beard and truck, definately!

Date: December 18, 2014 02:24AM

you will never make it as a MORmON ASSpostHOLE with an attitude like that ...... or as a MORmON ASSpostHOLE wannabe for that matter.

Date: December 18, 2014 02:27AM

get a good look at this, is not this something that you would like to be ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMb3YHN1gOA

Date: December 18, 2014 02:38AM

I think he'd look better with a ear pierce or two. I'll bet he wasn't the kind of lawyer to represent the poor, oppressed, or in need of civil rights type! Got to admire that prototypical Morg good ole boy look complete with bald pate.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 09:50AM

Hey, I'm an earthdog, duzzat count? They have Earthdog competitions for dachshunds like me all the time. Always wished I coulda done one. Now I'm too old.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 03:26PM

I am of the earth, through the earth and for the earth: does that mean I'm earthy?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.