Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 01:29AM

I am curious of those that know about AronRa..what is your opinion of his stance?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jesus#1atheist ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 02:18AM

I believe he is credible.

Date: December 19, 2014 02:49AM

I do enjoy how he calls a spade a spade. How he asserts MAKE- belief, and how we can claim to know. I have good reasons to be an apifethist.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 02:36AM

I've been an avid follower of him since I started questioning my testimony with impunity.

I didn't have the stomach to read anti-mormon literature, so I started with atheism. I read Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins, and immediately began scouring Youtube for more. That's when I found AronRa.

About his stance... do you mean his flavor of atheism in general? He sounds to me like he's right up the alley of someone who go tired of all the bs he was being fed by the religious community he grew up in. I think he was Mormon, though the house he describes sounds like it was full of "jack-mormons".

I like what he does on Youtube. The information he provides is generally very useful. I had a moment watching his Evolution of Morality talk. When I finally realized that morality was better explained by evolutionary science than scripture, I was overcome joy, relief, and etc. I had a moment very similar to a Moroni's promise experience. That's why I support Youtube atheists like him. Most people's religious convictions were created in their youth by the manipulation of the information they got to hear. Youtube is the place where people can come get the information kept from them by all other sources.

Richard Dawkins is probably the go-to evolutionary scientist who is the most outspokenly atheist, but I think AronRa is like Hitchens meets a degree in evolutionary science. He's very articulate and delivers that no-nonsense razor's edge kind of criticism that cuts through the bullsh#$% and helps people understand what the facts are about creation and our origins.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 10:34AM

Seems to be a pretty rational person. Tells it like it is.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 10:47AM

Didn't know who he was so I looked him up and I love, love, love his main quote on his page:

Science doesn't know everything.
Religion doesn't know anything.

I am so tired of the TBMs I know putting science down because it can be wrong sometimes. "Science is wrong about a lot of stuff. YOu can't trust it but you can always trust the prophet. You can always trust the Lord." Whaaaat?

They can't see science as a quest for truth and knowledge that loves finding out it is wrong about something because that means there has been more knowledge discovered.

In science finding out your are wrong is a good thing. In religion finding out you are wrong is a sin.

Posted by: boydslittlefactory ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 09:29PM

Aronra is doing a great service to his fellowman, and was instrumental in my "deprogramming" from the clutches of mormonism. I found his Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism series especially informative.

Date: December 20, 2014 02:18AM

Let's give him traffic. I concur with aron's stance. His belief system. I agree with it. Make Believe. #Rotflmao

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 10:31PM

what is his "stance" ?

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:05AM

I meant nothing negative about his "stance"..just trying to draw attention to his perspective. I recently found his videos, but never heard him mentioned here. I am not always sure what has been posted, just wanted some opinion on what he represents. I agree with his ideology..

Posted by: MikeyA ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 11:58PM

I've been a fan of AronRa's work for many years and honestly think he is one of youtubes best.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.