Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 11:48AM

A day late, but what the heck? ;o))

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 11:50AM

Same here...had some snow on the ground already but a skiff last night filled in the blanks...sort of.

Ron Burr

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 10:59AM

I've come to the conclusion years ago that anyone wishing for a 'white Christmas' was completely out of their minds. Obviously they've never shovelled snow or ever been stuck in it. There are even times when I'm shovelling the white slop that I wish I could dig up Bing Crosby and punch his fuckin' lights out.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 12:32PM

Agreed. I am enduring my 66th winter, all spent in Alberta except for '66-'67 when I was at Ricks (more snow - not as cold), and given my druthers, I rather be in Arizona from November to March, trapshooting....but that ain't gonna happen any time soon, unfortunately.

RB

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 01:49AM

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 10:57AM

Have one this morning.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 12:45PM

More snow today!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 12:56PM

We got hit with lots of snow yesterday and today. It's still coming down.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 05:18PM

It doesn't snow here, and that's on purpose.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 05:22PM

I had 15 white Christmas' in the mid west. That was enough. I've never seen snow at Christmas where I currently live. I'm good with that. If I want snow, i'll go visit it.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 05:27PM

We had a white Christmas too . It started snowing late Christmas Eve(around midnight or so). Before that it was sleet. When we woke up Christmas Day, everything was white! We're supposed to be get another round of the white stuff around 11pm tonight thru Sunday night.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 06:31PM

I love the snow. Below zero (F) temps not so much. I even like shoveling snow. Which is a good thing as I have disabled elderly widows living on both sides of me. So I wind up shoveling 3/5th's of the block.

Kinda funny. While shoveling ~8 inches this morning the one lady came out in her walker and asked "could you do something for me"? I replied "that depends, can I do it and remain faithful to my wife"? She turned about 3 shades of red and giggled. She just needed help putting a new battery in her phone. Which I gladly did.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 06:35PM

We had a crisp, cool, sunny Christmas. The day before was gray, cold and drizzling.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 10:57PM

I don't see very much snow out here in Eastern North Carolina especially here on the beach. There has to be a very unique combination of cold air and moisture to get snow here that we don't get very often. I have only had one white Christmas my whole entire life but that was when I was six. Because my area didn't get snow that often, I use to look forward to even a dusting because that meant no school. It wasn't until I spent a week in New Hampshire a few years ago I truly understood what it meant to have snow all the time. I tried my hand at shoveling a sidewalk out but that was all I could handle. My perspective on snow changed that year and as long as I get to stay in my house I am okay.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.