Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonnyt ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 03:46PM

So, while at the bank today, hitting the ATM, I watched two separate pair of men come make deposits in the night drop. Just like I used to do when I managed a restaurant. I'm in the greater SLC area, they were all obviously bishopric members or financial clerks. I have always known they do this cause my dad used to when I was young. For some reason, it seemed weird to me today. Mormons aren't supposed to shop or anything on sunday but every ward brings in thousands??? (not really sure what the numbers would be) every sunday then takes it to the bank....just like a business does. It just seemed very much the opposite of the way Jesus would have done things.
I'm assuming that the majority of the deposits are tithing, rather than fast offerings our whatever. Funny that tithing is "required" and it gets used to build things like Temples where they do weird rituals for DEAD PEOPLE. Not to mention that the majority of mormons aren't even allowed in the temple, let alone the rest of the world. Fast Offering, however, which actually goes to help the living, is only encouraged.
Why help all of the suffering people in the world who happen to still be alive? It seems so much better to wait for them to die so that their temple work can be completed.
Pretty F'd up....IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2011 03:50PM by jonnyt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 03:53PM

hey, lurking ATM man, remind me not to type in my pin number at an ATM while you are watching... just kidding man.

They don't consider any work for the Lard to be worldly work.
Yes, they are, and it is (moronism) f'd up.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 05:26PM

They got it backwards.. they should require fast offering and only encourage tithing. That way it wouldn't look as bad as the money grubbing hypocrites they are.
I can only imagine what $5 billion yearly would do for the humanitarian work that is needed. It would actually be a better selling point for their cult but they are addicted to the heavy cash flow on the sabbath day and would never change.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 05:41PM

The "sabbath" is on Saturday.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.