Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 11:15AM

I've made this $1,000 challenge to Mormons in numerous comment sections on Mormon related stories in newspapers all over the US,
I'll give $1,000 to the first faithful Mormon who can answer this question about their faith honestly, for once,

"Was it ever legal for a man to claim another man's wife as his own?"

If so, where is that law written? Provide a source.

Until then, call off the world's largest standing army of 88,000 Doomsday Sex Cult Brainwashers, who are going around the world lying about Joseph's Myth, claiming he was the greatest Man who ever lived besides Jesus, that he'll judge us in the hereafter, that we should emulate his example and sing his praises before God's and FAILING to disclose the important FACT that he cuckolded his followers by making concubines out of their wives, as did Brigham Young, both of whom claimed the wife of Henry Jacobs, Zina, as their own.

That was wrong.

Admit it or STFU about Joseph's Myth.
It's offensive to those of us with a conscience to have an army of 88,000 Sex Cult recruiters lying to gullible people about their sexual predator Founding Fathers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 11:18AM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 11:31AM

"I'll give $1,000 to the first faithful Mormon who can answer this question about their faith honestly, for once,

"Was it ever legal for a man to claim another man's wife as his own?"

No. I answered the question honestly. Do I get the $1,000?

Date: January 06, 2015 11:36AM

No faithful Mormon will admit that they sing praises to an adulterer, because that would make them as bad as the adulterers and God saved his most venomous language and hatred for adulterers, whom he condemned to eternal damnation.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 11:36AM

Date: January 06, 2015 11:43AM

#1. You're not a faithful MORmON (you've got a functioning brain)
#2. The link you provided was about polygamy, not polyandry. Big difference.
#3. Polyandry is Bigamy. In EVERY case mentioned in the link you provided, in EVERY country, bigamy is illegal, not legal.

I think you owe me $1,000 for providing a link that makes my point, lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 11:47AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 12:23PM

Polygamy is not gender-specific. It includes both polygyny and polyandry. So, not that big a difference.

You state that polyandry is bigamy. Not in all cultures, though admittedly cultural acceptance of polyandry is rare.

So, you think the main reason for rejecting Mormonism is because JS didn't have the proper paperwork for his "spiritual wives"? Really?

I think the fact that he made it all up is a more important reason for rejecting Mormonism. No first vision. No plates. No Nephites. No Lamanites. No Abrahamic writings. No keys. No restoration. No revelation. No nothing. It was all a con.

Date: January 06, 2015 12:57PM

The challenge is for Faithful Mormons to justify the adulterous behavior of the guy who's praises they sing.
They can't.
So why do it?
STFU about Joseph's Myth and Brig'em Young being the greatest humans since Jesus when they were no better than Warren Jeffs, who's rotting in jail right now on multiple child rape convictions. They did that AND far worse, yet Mormons maintain the world's largest army of 88,000 Doomsday SEX CULT recruiters to go out every day and lie about Joseph's Myth and convince people to sing his praises, when he was a GD adulterer, as was his successor, Brigham Young, who according to their own records, made at least one baby with his follower's wife, not by immaculate conception, but by stealing her from her husband and raping her with his obscene power and pretend authority.

That's f'ing adultery and God was abundantly clear about how he felt about adulterers....

Exodus 20:14
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Exodus 20:17
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife.

Leviticus 20:10
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jeremiah 29:23
23 Because they have committed villany in Israel, and have committed adultery with their neighbours’ wives, and have spoken lying words in my name, which I have not commanded them; even I know, and am a witness, saith the Lord.

Luke 18:20
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery,

JST, Luke 16:23
23 But he continued, saying, Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery; and whosoever marrieth her who is put away from her husband, committeth adultery. Verily I say unto you, I will liken you unto the rich man.

Doctrine and Covenants 66:10
10 Seek not to be cumbered. Forsake all unrighteousness. Commit not adultery—a temptation with which thou hast been troubled.

Doctrine and Covenants 42:24
24 Thou shalt not commit adultery; and he that committeth adultery, and repenteth not, shall be cast out.

Doctrine and Covenants 132:42
42 If she be not in the new and everlasting covenant, and she be with another man, she has committed adultery.
Doctrine and Covenants 132:43
43 And if her husband be with another woman, and he was under a vow, he hath broken his vow and hath committed adultery.
Doctrine and Covenants 42:75
75 But if ye shall find that any persons have left their companions for the sake of adultery, and they themselves are the offenders, and their companions are living, they shall be cast out from among you.
Doctrine and Covenants 42:80
80 And if any man or woman shall commit adultery, he or she shall be tried before two elders of the church, or more, and every word shall be established against him or her by two witnesses of the church, and not of the enemy; but if there are more than two witnesses it is better.

So yeah, I'd say the God of Moses had a pretty big bone to pick with adulterers and people who sing the praises of guys who they know made babies with women who were married to other men. That's NEVER been cool with God or any civilization.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 01:10PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 03:01PM

I understand what you are trying to communicate just fine. I just think it is silly. You are arguing that Mormonism is wrong because JS didn't have valid marriage licenses for his affairs. If he did, would Mormonism then be OK? Not in my book.

Setting yourself up as the judge of whether someone has met your so-called challenge is also a very convenient way of guaranteeing that you will not lose the challenge.

Date: January 06, 2015 03:18PM

No I'm not "arguing that Mormonism is wrong because JS didn't have valid marriage licenses for his affairs."

I'm arguing that it is wrong to sing the praises of a man who was no better than Warren Jeffs, who's rotting in prison right now for multiple child rape convictions.
I'm arguing that it's wrong to name your universities after a man who stole other men's wives and children for the sole purpose of cuckolding his followers by making babies with their wives.
I'm arguing that it's wrong for the Mormon church to claim Zina Jacobs, legally and lawfully wedded wife of Henry Jacobs, was really Zina Young, not Jacobs.
https://www.lds.org/friend/1989/02/zina-diantha-huntington-young-angel-of-mercy?lang=eng
That's fraud AND Adultery.
I'm arguing that it's wrong to send 88,000 missionaries every day to propogate the lie that the two most important figures in Mormonism are glorified, meaning, Gods, who will judge us like Jesus at the Pearly Gates, when in reality they were merely sexual predators.
I'm arguing that it's wrong to subject your children to singing praises of sexual predators and that's EXACTLY what makes the Mormon church such an attractive haven for sexual predators, the kind of sexual predators that have cost the Mormon church millions, to buy the silence of all the victims I know, of Joseph's Myth.
http://mormonmatters.org/2009/09/23/the-growing-mormon-sex-abuse-scandal/
I'm arguing that the Mormon church is as abusive as the Catholic Church, because Mormons turn a blind eye to the sexual perversions and crimes of their founders.
I personally know of many, many Mormon children who have been and are being sexually abused by Mormon Penis Holders, who are immune to being held accountable because Mormons rally around other Mormons and protect them if they're Penis Holders, just like they rally around Jospeh's Myth and Bring'em Young when anybody attacks them.
That's not silly.
It's a crime.

Posted by: lv skeptic ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 01:36PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've made this $1,000 challenge to Mormons in
> numerous comment sections on Mormon related
> stories in newspapers all over the US,
> I'll give $1,000 to the first faithful Mormon who
> can answer this question about their faith
> honestly, for once,
>
> "Was it ever legal for a man to claim another
> man's wife as his own?"
>
> If so, where is that law written? Provide a
> source.
>
> Until then, call off the world's largest standing
> army of 88,000 Doomsday Sex Cult Brainwashers, who
> are going around the world lying about Joseph's
> Myth, claiming he was the greatest Man who ever
> lived besides Jesus, that he'll judge us in the
> hereafter, that we should emulate his example and
> sing his praises before God's and FAILING to
> disclose the important FACT that he cuckolded his
> followers by making concubines out of their wives,
> as did Brigham Young, both of whom claimed the
> wife of Henry Jacobs, Zina, as their own.
>
> That was wrong.
>
> Admit it or STFU about Joseph's Myth.
> It's offensive to those of us with a conscience to
> have an army of 88,000 Sex Cult recruiters lying
> to gullible people about their sexual predator
> Founding Fathers.

Just for laughs, please consider the story of David reclaiming his wife Michal, the daughter of Saul. You can find it in 2 Samuel chapter 3.

1. David marries Michal, daughter of Saul
2. Saul, many times, tries to kill David
3. Saul takes his daughter Michal, the wife of David, and marries her off to some poor guy named Palti.
4. Saul dies, and David becomes King of Judah.
5. In the meantime, David has married many other wives (not relevant to the story).
6. As King, David demands the return of his wife, Michal, who is legally married to Palti.
7. Michal is returned to David by her own brother, Ish-boshet, who is a king of Israel as the heir of Saul.

Do I win???? I think that I met your challenge....kind of....complete with sources.

David claimed another man's wife as his own....kind of...she was originally David's wife.

He did it legally....David was the King, and Ish-boshet was King of Israel. And, as the old joke goes, "in those days, the King's word was LAW."

Granted, the remarriage is illegal under Deut 24: 1-4, but some scholars don't think that Deut was written for many hundreds of years later.

Date: January 06, 2015 02:07PM

#1. Are you a faithful MORmON? (I doubt it, since you've got a functioning brain)
#2. You didn't provide a source of a written law that allowed Joseph Smith and Brigham Young to claim their followers wives as their own. Telling an anecdote about the barbaric behavior of fictional characters from a fairy tale about Barbarian Kings does nothing to justify the real behavior of the 2 most important figures in Mormonism, in a modern civilization.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 02:09PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: lv skeptic ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 03:21PM

Your challenge was, and I quote.....

<<"Was it ever legal for a man to claim another man's wife as his own?"

<<If so, where is that law written? Provide a source.

Not BY....not JS....."Was it EVER legal....."

I totally agree that what JS and BY did was out of the pale, but I was going for what your specific written challenge was. Go back to your original OP, and tell me that the above was your specific challenge. Look at your quotation marks.

The above answers your question #2.

#1. I was a faithful TBM for more years than I wish to specify. I am still a nominol member for family and spousal reasons. I am descended from polygamous pioneers, have a distant relationship by marriage with the Apostolic Brethren (not the FLDS), and am a survivor of the England East Mission. I also avoid Steve Benson, as every single time we encounter each other, he goes off the deep end.....lol

Having said all of that, I will now step out of this thread, not wishing to cause any trouble.

Date: January 06, 2015 03:27PM

Like I said, the challenge is not to ExMormons who frequent ExMo forums, it's for "FAITHFUL Mormons"
And what you provided was NOT a written law that permitted men to claim other men's wives, it was an anecdote about a King who abused his power to steal his wife back from another Barbarian King, which hardly qualifies as a law.
read what's in the quotes.
English MFer! Do you read it?
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/2d/2dd06756ba897c42f070474982ab584983c97db206ba482fd6301f568bc61d81.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 03:59PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 03:36PM

Date: January 06, 2015 04:51PM

Even I, Koriwhore, know enough not to challenge ExMo Royalty!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.