Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Book of Abraham Lover ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 07:02PM

http://youtu.be/3bm6Npd1Hjw

You anti-Mormons have it all wrong! The Book of Abraham isn't proof of Joseph's lies, it confirms the truth of his prophetic calling, so there! Neener, neener, neener!

I don't care if Joseph said that the Abraham wrote with "his own hand upon papyrus" the facimilies prove that its true!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 09:25PM

All they are doing in this vid is tossing out the facsimiles. They are saying, Joseph really meant us to learn and understand his "translation", and only included the facsimiles to show how the Egyptians were so wrong.

Funny how Joe never bothered to tell us this rather important piece of info?

The inclusion of the facsimiles in the published BoA only confuses the reader and the intended meanings, if it was only meant to show how Egyptian religion is false. Especially so, since Joe neglected to tell us about his intentions concerning the facsimiles.

Pretty glib, since Joe actually included a numbered list of meanings for each figure depicted.

So the message of these promoters is, "don't look at the facsimiles, look only at Joe's "translated" text." Then it all makes sense...right...

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 08:26AM

hello Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe actually included a numbered list of meanings for
> each figure depicted.

Exactly. Shoots down the guy's argument entirely.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 12:29PM

The facsimiles are referenced specifically in the text!

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 09:35PM

See, Joseph Smith just copied the wrong side of the papyrus when he gave us the facsimiles. He should of just flipped it over and written the Hebrew letters that were written there. He just assumed that the facsimiles spoke the same words/meanings as on the other side.

Haven't you all heard of the stone amulet found in 2011 with Hebrew on one side and Egyptian hieroglyphs on the other?

Check out this.
http://benedante.blogspot.com/2015/01/secure-in-his-shrine.html

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 02:18AM

I am sorry but this is one of the most f******g stupid presentations I have ever had the misfortune of listening to. Does this guy even hear himself?

He has no idea what those papyri are even about or what a canopic jar is or what time frame they came from. He is making the whole presentation up about instructions on replacing idolatrous gods. He even has his primary class paper cut outs demonstrating the so called teachings of Abraham, WHEN THE PAPYRI HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ABRAHAM.

Seriously I am getting so tired of these dimwitted, ignorant, folksy baby boomers trying to rescue their "eternal families" with these convoluted, made up rationalizations and act like they have the same level of credibility as real science.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 07:39AM

Beautifully stated.

Posted by: mormonrealitycheck ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 03:42PM

Agreed. One of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard.

These people are pitiful.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 08:13AM

Yah..... I watched that POS MORmON apologist video the other day.
It is really lame and pathetic. MORmONISM in action!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 10:32AM

When the defense offered is this crazy, you KNOW the suspect is guilty.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 04:13PM

Another example of "raising your voice when you should be
strengthening your argument."

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 02:02PM

Desperate people go to desperate measures!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 02:29PM

Ah, I understand! With his genius paper cutouts he demonstrates, for example, how the idolatrous Pharaoh is replaced on the throne by Abraham, who, amazingly, looks EXACTLY like Pharaoh! "They're cou-sins, identical cous-ins, they walk alike, they talk alike, what a crazy pair!"

I also love how he talks about Easter and Christmas and how they might be changed over the years so that they won't be about Jesus at all, and ties it in with the Egyptians messing up because they didn't have the original priesthood and putting in idolatrous gods and what-not so that God's original work is barely recognizable at all; no mention of the fact that both Easter and Christmas are exactly what he's talking about: THEY ARE ANCIENT FESTIVALS THAT CHRISTIANS TOOK OVER AND CHANGED SO THAT THE ANCIENT POEPLE WOULD BARELY RECOGNIZE THEM!

OK, wait, I watched some more: the guy *doesn't* replace Pharaoh with the same cutout, he uses a cartoon Abraham.

So anyway, this guy takes an ancient Egyptian text and completely changes it, just like Christians did with other ancient customs, and then claims it's the "restored truth".

This guy apparently isn't busy enough down at the ward house cleaning toilets. I don't get this mean usually, but--what a dick.

Oi, I can't believe I wasted time watching or even responding...

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 03:41PM

If one has to jump through loops and come up with all this stuff just to convince someone it true, then it not!

It very easy to show it's false and totally made up.

It's a major job in trying to twist it into something that CLEARLY is not.

They need to just give it up and confess to it being just a made up story by JS.

Geez...

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 03:46PM

So what about JS so called Egyptian alphabet by his own hand on paper? Never mind this has also been shown to be pure fantasy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.