Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:56AM

Friend told me this was announced today. Mo son is too sick to get up out of bed. He appears to de incapacitated. Members were asked to pray for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 12:58AM by sb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:11AM

Pray for what?
That always seems so pointless to me,
UH, God, I know you're supposed to be omniscient and everything, but uh, I know better than you what course of action you should determine for the world, please spare the old man's life so that some other old man doesn't have to take over for him!
Thanks Jesus!!!
Oh and just for future reference, if want to check with me before making any unilateral decisions for mankind, that'd be great!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:11AM

Maybe Boyd will get his moment in the sun after all.

However, I must say there are a lot of days I don't get out of bed. Nobody seems too alarmed by that.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 11:11AM

<snort> Me too Alice!

;o)

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:27AM

The prayers of exmos, and the prayers of atheists might be getting answered as we might see Boyd in the big chair.

A couple of suggestions regarding Boys ascending to the throne.

It does not matter how mentally incapacitated he might be regarding the media. The will play his quotes and sermons from his glory days. LDS Inc will not be able to stop this. There will be a lot of interest with Mitt running for Prez yet again.

Handlers will be trying to stage manage the grizzly bear. However, I am guessing Boyd wrote a list of commands when he was in better health, in preparation for the day. He will have trusted people do everything they can to enforce this, regardless of what the PR people are demanding.

It will be a great day of rejoicing for Boyd to be crowned.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:46AM

I.Don't.Believe.This.

not now, anyway

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:50AM

But can he still wiggle his ears while laying in bed? Kids love that stuff

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 04:24AM

Kim Jong Un, I'm told, actually deficates.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 10:31AM

Cold-Dodger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kim Jong Un, I'm told, actually deficates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
True.

But it smells like roses.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 11:37AM

me and the queen of England do not fart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 11:38AM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 04:58AM

I hope the poor man can just quietly slip away in his sleep and be done with it.

As much as I hate that cult, I wish every human being an as peaceful a death as possible.

ALthough talking/thinking to an imaginary sky daddy isn't going to help any I"m sure, many might find comfort in at least trying.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:19AM

My heart-felt prayer:

God, please bless President Monson to be able to get out of bed and go to the toilet without having to use a bed pan. Please bless my German shepherd Rex to be able to see in color.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 07:39AM

Date: January 12, 2015 08:15AM

Was that you I saw on TV waving the California state flag in Place de la Republique?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 09:19AM

I was there, but I was holding a placard marked "Liberté, égalité, fraternité" because, for me, everything we need is in those three words...

Tom in Paris

Date: January 12, 2015 09:36AM

That's more than we have here.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:04PM

I'm glad you're safe, and I hope these violent people get dispersed and neutralized. Shalom.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:41AM

It could just be the flu. Who knows?

Posted by: heberjgrunt ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:50AM

He can live like that for years. Charlie's grandparents were in bed a long time in that Willie Wonka movie.

Still, the thought of Packer at the helm... (big smiles)

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 07:50AM

I'm not really sure I believe this. I guess we'll find out for certain by next General Conferece, as if he really is bed-ridden, he won't be able to give any talks.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 07:55AM

Bedpans or it didn't happen.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 08:24AM

Packer as President would be interesting. A church that can't get any worse getting worse. There needs to be some kind of 'Random Packer quote generator' app. I mean, what with knowledge not being useful, little factories, etc. etc. You could comb through his talks from the past 40 years and find hundreds of gems, I'm sure, probably starting with 'Negroes will never hold the priesthood' or something like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 08:25AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 08:48AM

Maybe Monson will get to really meet with Jesus now. I doubt it.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 08:55AM

Monson couldn't get out of bed because someone caught Boyd, sitting in his powered wheelchair, with one hand on Monson's throat and the other hand on his little factory.

- just how I heard it.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 10:16AM

I heard that one too-- it must be true

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 09:22AM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 09:45AM

A friend of mine told me that he heard from someone who lives
across the street from a guy whose cousin went to school with a
coworker of Monson's former mailman that this is reliable
information.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 09:49AM

They say you've got a broken heart.

Date: January 12, 2015 09:53AM

...who once heard a man say on Temple Square that...

Date: January 12, 2015 11:26AM

Ummm, those of us that remember the old USSR, are thinking that he is bedfast because he is actually dead.

There was a time when they would withhold the information on the death of a "Dear Leader"

I cannot imagine the panic "Command and Control" must be thinking in the LDS PR dept. should Monson be dead or close to dead.

They might be able to "stage manage" Packer now, perhaps by running his wheelchair down a flight of stairs at the COB.

They cannot control the scrutiny the media will be launching at the sermons that BKP has already given.

Contractually, the fuse is lit on this firecracker, and there is a very real possibility that they did not have a plan because they thought Monson would out live Packer.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 11:36AM

That reminds me of when Soviet radio would interrupt radio just to play soft, somber music, leading foreign journalists to wonder if another leader up and died, as what happened constantly in the 1980s.

Does KSL radio and/or TV do that?

Yesterday I read the "Teachings of the Profits: Ezra Taft Benson" where on page 1 they mention how well-dressed Mos gathered along the funeral route with their cultish signs showing slavish devotion to the now-deceased ETB. Do they really do that on Utah broadcast channels?

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:38PM

I was in the Soviet Union in 1986, about a year after Gorbachev had taken over. The only music I heard, in between reports on how many tractors had been made in Minsk that quarter, was heavy, Russian Romantic stuff. To this day I can no longer listen to anything Tchaikovsky.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:46PM

My former Bat Sh!t mother in law saw all things through a mormon lens. Once, when that emergency signal came on the TV, she jumped up and announced that the signal meant that the profit had died and the new profit would be installed, she just knew that would be the announcement! It turned out it was just a weather alert, just like always. But with her, it was religion uber alles.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:06PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1483079,1483079#msg-1483079

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 01:28PM by steve benson.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:08PM

in X Files. Maybe there's a sign on the back of Boyd's chair: Warning, do not push down stairs.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:03PM

He could hold out for a good long time as has happened in the past.

Date: January 12, 2015 12:06PM

time for LD$ Inc. to get out the old signature writing machine.

Date: January 12, 2015 01:53PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> time for LD$ Inc. to get out the old signature
> writing machine.

My guess is that signature machine was never put away, and has been quite busy.

There would be no greater wet dream for a con man that senile, all powerful leadership, no accounting to anyone, a need for the organization to keep embezzlement quiet, and a signature machine.

One should also add that this entity is in the state known for mortgage, security, insurance, and affinity fraud.

Pallets of money are leaving LDS Inc. and the membership is completely in the dark.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:32PM

God, may Thy will be done.

Date: January 12, 2015 12:34PM

so when Monson croaks will he become a god per mormon teachings ?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:16PM

I wonder what they'll do with his car.

Date: January 12, 2015 01:23PM

Boyd will have a great time tooling around in the car. He's been waiting for this moment for decades!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:23PM

Monson getting weaker good news. Sad yes for all the family / dying grief and such, but the more of these old bags that die, the better off the church might be in being accepting and progressive.

The old guard will have to pass away. Then the LDS PR machine kicks off once again to rebrand the religion. The Youth of the church that haven't already left and used to change happening pretty quickly. They speak out more against authority and don't shut up as quickly as they were told.

Date: January 12, 2015 01:28PM

Good luck with that! There's a line of geezers a mile long waiting to enforce the status quo. They're just waiting for the demise of the upper echelon gleefully so that the perks that come with higher office will be theirs. But as soon as they're in and saddled up to the gravy train, they aren't going to want any changes. I wonder if they spend their evenings pouring over floor plans for the country club homes up in Heber.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 01:28PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:40PM

May the Presidency live long in good health!

This will prevent any real or significant changes in the policies of TSCC and will allow a continuing deterioration of the tithe paying hordes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 01:42PM by csuprovograd.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:41PM

"Kim Jong Un, I'm told, actually defecates." - I heard that too, BUT it does not stink.

"Maybe Monson will get to really meet with Jesus now." - didn't he already meet Jesus at the 2nd anointing? Oh nevermind, that's fake like the Emperor's new clothes.
Everyone just pretends that Jesus shows up. Silly me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 01:46PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:45PM

verilyverily Wrote:
> "Kim Jong Un, I'm told, actually defecates." - I
> heard that too, BUT it does not stink.

That puts our buddy Kim in good company...I have it on good authority that Sweet Marie Osmond's eliminations actually emanate a nice floral aroma...

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:48PM

Reminds me of that ad for Poo pouri, the stuff you put in the toilet to make it not stink:

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=poo%20pourri%20commercial

Maybe Monsoon has some of that.... Nah! He and Marie's poop doesn't stink cause they are so much holier than thou.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 02:08PM

It's amazing how she somehow survives when she only eats a tablespoon of food daily, doesn't know what's happening around her, and can't do a thing for herself.

If Monson has half her grit, he's got years to live.

Posted by: Ether ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 02:22PM

Two years ago, I was told that he was suffering from Alzheimers by a friend who makes movies for the church. When I told my TMB family, they knew this info too.

If you think about it, Monson has been mostly invisible for quite a while. Compare Monson to the Pope: The Pope is everywhere while Monson has been basically mute and nonexistent in the public eye.

So the story makes sense to me.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 02:24PM

True story. Came from my GF father a devout mormon who is a contemporary of TSM. He attends a ward in Farmington. It was announced in sacrament meeting.

I guess he is after all, the prophet, since Joseph Smith could not get out of bed either.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.