Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 03:00AM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_2Ht4d9R5g

Hope this is a useful resource for you. This would be amazing with animation, not only of the meeting, but of the half-answers and polished turds offered as explanations.

I had yet to see this resource. I was in the thick of the NY Times Mattsson article commentary and and the Swedish Rescue audio and analysis. I think this event was important.

It appears to be less than a year on YouTube.

The meeting is a demonstration of arrogance of LDS leaders and scholars and the disconnect with sincere members. I could say which are my most interesting points, but the whole meeting is an exceptional inside Mormonism for me.

There is to me in Mormonism a demand from members that once they find the answers no longer adequate or even off putting to go along with the pretend narrative. As if, well we've fooled you long enough, keep on going along in order to get along.

I think what is lost on Mormon leaders is that they exist as leaders because of deceived and informed members giving them that status. Once the religion is proven of limited value and rejected they are stuck with the title of leader in a fraud, not the lofty status for which they have always aspired.

Do you have a favorite part of this meeting? What time is that at? I think the group was extremely sincere, patient, and informed as they received LDS-style answers.

One of the best ways I have seen polygamy answers addressed was at 1:15 for about 5 minutes. Turley uses the lie that in the Us frontier marrying at 14 was common. This has been proven to be a deception and unfounded here on RfM. He knows better or he has no business being offered and self-presented as an expert.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 01:00PM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 08:41AM

Thanks for this! Love what you're saying, too.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 05:47PM

The Audacity of Jensen. "THANKS FOR KNOWING ENGLISH YOU ASSHOLES I'M SO GLAD I DIDNT NEED TO BRING A FUCKING TRANSLATOR FOR YOU NON-AMERICAN BARBARIANS"

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 06:06PM

And here is the European answer to the Rescue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7ATTsE_Qk

Posted by: anon222 ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 01:17PM

Friend shipping potential converts does not answer Mormonism problems. Just sucks in new people to be manipulatated.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 06:14PM

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 06:29PM

Worth watching... those are some really well-educated [and pissed off] church members. The logic in the "answers" was laughable.

Date: January 09, 2015 01:24AM

When I first posted this three days ago there were around 500 views it is now well over 1,300.

We do have influence through this forum.

It has been on YouTube for at least eight months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 01:25AM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 03:40AM

Good to know...

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 01:33AM

I downloaded it from YouTube in case it "disappears"

Posted by: politicaljunkie ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 04:34AM

Here is a direct link to the transcript pdf on MormonThink...

http://www.mormonthink.com/files/swedish-transcript.pdf

Maybe my favorite quote (from pp 16,17)...

"I’ve been a member of the Church since 1962 and I’ve been a master of science in engineering and physics since 1970. Despite my critical and truth‐seeking nature and education, the Church succeeded in making me a happy and truly‐believing member for 43 years. Five years ago, I discovered that the Church as an organization had systematically deceived me by only telling a carefully selected, one‐sided version of Church history. The discovery was extremely painful to me and my wife who kept it – we didn’t tell the children or grandchildren. Do the leaders of the Church really believe that they are actually inspired by God to act in such a way?

Just to tell a selected, nice version of the Church – the history of the Church – in order to get more converts?

Do they believe they are inspired to do this?"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 05:24AM by politicaljunkie.

Date: January 09, 2015 04:54AM

That quote you provide is a scientist having a self-awareness moment.

The transcript link you provide is a great resource. The NY Times backstory is also available in the YouTube post by clicking on the subject.

I have no knowledge of the aftermath, some awareness of the Mattsons through social media. I love how Birgitta recounts how she kept going to Church for a while after her husband stopped and she was sitting in Church without him and realized her place was with her husband.

Why is that lost on so many Mormons. It is a choice to be a Mormon, not a requirement and yet so many choose their Church over their spouse. Shame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 04:55AM by gentlestrength.

Date: January 13, 2015 05:36PM

View count in one week since post has grown over 1,800 for an increase of 1,300+ views.

Previously was at 500 for over 8 months.

Also saw this posted at another site a few days ago. Hopefully this format will increase the awareness of the Swedish Rescue experience.

Essentially these Mormons were given a chance to do what many would have liked to do before leaving Mormonism. Ask the leaders how they explain themselves.

The answers show they have nothing of value to add to conversation. It also supports why they don't speak to issues on the record, but remain general and administrative on the record.

It would seem we learned from the Swedish Record that the General Authorities cannot make a case for Mormonism.

Follow the Spirit until the Spirt tells you to Follow the Prophet. Anything else is evil. Do not follow your intelligence through the facts that will detract from the Primary programming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 05:37PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 06:39PM

I couldn't make it very far. It was just that sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.