Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 12:44PM

Is John hearing that Glenn disaffected from the church? Why else would he want to talk to him?

He said he lost faith in men of the cloth and of all leaders - religious leaders too, which no LDS true believer would say. Plus there are rumors there was some sort of fight in his ward and Glenn has said he doesn't attend his ward. Someone reports he goes to a mega church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 12:56PM

He's a convert so the "men of the cloth" makes sense for him to use, plus he probably knows it's a term a lot of his listeners would understand.

I have a friend whose parents are in his ward, I guess it's time to ask if he's still going to church.

Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 01:10PM

Yes, return and report please!

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 01:20PM

Something must be going on (at the very least there must be rumours going around), because Daniel Peterson has tried to contact him too.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 05:06PM

That's a good point. The fact that Peterson chimed in is interesting.

I couldn't find Peterson's post on Glen Beck's sight, but someone did put up a link to a screen shot. Could Peterson have taken it down?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 05:14PM

Posted by: jkjkjkjk ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 07:43PM

Its all still there are Peterson is getting slammed in replies to his post. Very funny.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 11:13PM

Oh it's still there, he's pulling the victim card cause people are mentioning denial and tapirs. Hahahahaha!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 01:23AM

it hasn't devolved to Danny and the doughnuts.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 05:18PM

Glenn can't get a temple recommend if he doesn't sustain "the leaders". I've known people who got X'd for saying things like that in public. Maybe that's why John is trying to get in touch with Glenn. Going to give him some tips on how to schmooze the brethren.

Posted by: DWaters ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 07:09PM

Tapir Dan will save him!!! Dan the Man said if GB has ANY religious questions, he'll answer them. This is getting good. I'm putting money on Dehlin, whose in?

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 09:54PM

Money on the truth...therefore money on John over Dan (the tapir) Peterson.

Posted by: Elder OldDog ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 10:11PM

Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck

There. If Glenn Beck gets out of bed, and Googles his name first thing, maybe he'll this thread will pop out at him and he'll click on it.

Glenn, if you've read all the way down to here, keep reading!!! Seriously, I there are things I want you to know!

You're not having fun! You're not helping anyone!

What? You ARE having fun?

Well, geez! Then no wonder I only watched you for three minutes, back in about 2003, and was immediately turned off. Makes total sense!

So, okay, go on about your business. I was going to warn you about Daniel C. Peterson, but now I'm hoping you emailed him. If you need someone to share your spotlight, he's your guy!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.