Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 01:03PM

Had dinner with my married daughter last night. She brought up the church and my disaffection. We didn't get too deep into any of the issues but we did manage to touch on several topics.

She confessed that she didn't want to dig too deep because she was afraid of what she would find. But, she kind of wanted to do some research to bring me back. I encouraged her to leave it alone. If she is happy in the church then don't start digging because it won't end well for her testimony. I hope that's just the kind of push she needs to start looking.

The one topic that really stood out was the "gay issue". She flat out does not support the church's position on homosexuality. Like many of her generation she doesn't see being gay as a choice, or as a problem. She thinks gay people should be free to find love and happiness anywhere they can.

Take that Packer! Your reign of Terror is coming to an end.

What a great evening for me. This was the first time I've ever had a simple, candid, conversation about my loss of faith with any close family member. 10 years I've been an apostate and this is the first time. It was like a walk in warm spring sunshine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 01:15PM

If she wants to do some "research" maybe point her to the church's "essays" or to FAIR. For someone like her, these half-truths and pathetic rebuttals might be enough to truly shake her testimony.

But it sounds like you are doing some really good reverse psychology on her. "Don't dig too deep honey because you WILL lose your testimony."

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: January 15, 2015 01:22PM

She'd heard of them but not seen them. I mentioned how they are kind of hidden and not publicized because of the information in them. I did sneak in the fact that I had been accused of spreading "anti-mormon lies" for sharing the same information that is now being released in them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.