Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:21PM

http://www.sltrib.com/csp/mediapool/sites/sltrib/Pages/gallery.csp?cid=2107737&pid=2162273

This man looks like an alcoholic. Take that suit off and he could be fit right in the Tenderloin district in San Francisco.

What guilt must be doing to this old man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:23PM

PS... I just don't think Jesus would be hanging out with this group of people...

http://www.sltrib.com/csp/mediapool/sites/sltrib/Pages/gallery.csp?cid=2107737&pid=2162273

Posted by: ladyhawk ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:34PM

Is that a Shar Pei?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 04:16PM

(haHA hAH AH HAH ha HA (cackle cackle) ..... (still laughing)
( thanks!))

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 04:30PM

Holland can just execute the pre 1990 temple penalties on himself!!! If it also results in a jowl trim for himself then that is just an added bonus !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

(If Holland's MORmON religion is having a detrimental effect on him, then he can do what I did with MORmONISM - QUIT !)

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 05:50PM

Wouldn't it be something if he did quit? He's going to break down some day and refuse to deceive anyone else. That probably means he'll be hospitalized, and then he'll die mysteriously the next day while church security carefully watches over him and shadowy outside doctors freely come and go. But if he manages to quit while he's in England or Sweden, for example, and asks for asylum and police protection, he could pull it off.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:44PM

With all the money at his disposal, why won't Jeffery Holland get some plastic surgery and fix that mess? He dyes his hair, so why not do the rest?

Posted by: heberjgrunt ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:56PM

OMG!!! What a shot of the droopy dog. He looks like a Wino.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 09:01AM

Remember this?

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242138242.png

After you collect bones, you can press a button and become Jeff Holland, and chase cats.

Posted by: fakemoroni ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 09:05AM

The sweet spirit isn't quite shining through his countenance is it?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:20AM

This is a face I'd like to get a picture of. Hanging out a car window at 60 MPH.

Date: January 28, 2015 01:28PM

That man is utterly, pathetically exhausted. He hasn't had a good night's sleep in years. There could be a medical cause for this, or it could just be guilt, disappointment, defensiveness, you name it.

He started to look noticeably worse after pounding the pulpit five years ago. Standing up for the Book of Mormon took a lot out of him, and I suspect he doesn't really believe it.

Date: January 28, 2015 02:00PM

Holland has mentioned before that when he was teaching at the institute while completing his PhD at Yale, he didn't have enough time for sleep. That was a trying time that defined his faith for him, and as far as I know he now thinks that real faith means going without sleep.

In the transcript of John Dehlin's interview with Tom Phillips--which was five hours long!!--Mr. Phillips mentioned that the other apostles placed a lot of burdens on Holland and essentially took advantage of him. As I see it, he was the wonder boy at one point, and they wanted to get some good work out of him while he still had to prove himself. So once again faith and obedience and consecration are somehow connected with sleeplessness in his mind.

I just wish he would get over it and get some sleep. Maybe take a vacation to San Francisco to regain a portion of his health. That's what George Albert Smith did, although he died in the process.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 05:17PM

>>>the other apostles placed a lot of burdens on Holland and essentially took advantage of him. As I see it, he was the wonder boy at one point, and they wanted to get some good work out of him while he still had to prove himself.<<<

LOL

Downton Abbey just did a similar storyline this week.

The "First Footman" kept whining that the rest of the staff weren't treating him like the first footman, so they all started giving him the "most important" jobs to do--shining the Lord and Lady's shoes, polishing the silver, etc until they ran him ragged.

Maybe Holland had been complaining privately about no one taking him seriously enough.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 04:10PM

Part of me wants to hope that his looks are reflecting how conflicted he is inside - that his spinning the yarn for all its worth and in new ways has caused him to toss and turn and get little sleep.

But, my beliefs fall the other way. I don't think he is conflicted - I rather think he has chosen his way, likes the rewards it brings him, and it's full guns ahead. I don't think he looses any sleep over his decisions.

Nice if I'm wrong.

Date: January 28, 2015 05:59PM

In reflecting on his likely state of mind, I recall that some early pictures, from the 70s and 80's no doubt, actually show him smiling! Confident! Energetic! When was the last time he ever looked like that?

He grimaces, he nods his head, he gives that sad, supposedly empathetic look of his, but he doesn't smile. I think he's hurting deeply at this point, and ready for a big, big change in his life.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 04:15PM

We all know that Jesus has nothing to do with the CULT, never has, never will. It is all a front for the EVIL that they are...

This asshole looks more like an EVIL demon from Hell...

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 06:00PM

His face is that way due to too much motorboating.

Date: January 28, 2015 06:03PM

Motorboating...is that a metaphor?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.