Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: What me worry? ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 09:13AM

(Barf Bag alert! You may want to have something at the ready)

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/29/382463494/mormon-lgbt-announcement-met-with-cheers-skepticism

In regards to how quickly church leaders get it right, take a look at this letter from Apostle Delbert Stapley:

http://mormonmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/delbert_stapley.pdf

This quote (from a commenter on NPR Dallin Oaks article) hits the nail on the head!

"After years as a member of the LDS Church it became clear to me that the hierarchy is no more speaking for God than anyone. They have been repeatedly shown to be wrong about key issues— claiming to speak for God only to recant or at least de-emphasize what once was sold as divine revelation. So 10 year back I left. Life's too short to wait for self-proclaimed prophets to get it right. I can decide what I think is right or wrong for myself and refuse to be on the wrong side of history anymore."

My question for TBMs is what is easier? Accepting that these are men on God? or accepting that the mormon church isn't true? I have my answer.

What me worry?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 09:17AM

My favorite mag as a kid.

My TBM Dad would attempt to keep us from reading MAD...

This Cult is more fucked up than I realized.

Oaks is a liar and talks out both sides of his pie hole.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 09:23AM by breedumyung.

Posted by: What me worry? ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:01AM

DW says they are late to the party,

irrelevant,

and just plain pie holes.

Exactly

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:02AM

"OAKS: I don't think it's a different approach. We were really the victims of intimidation and retaliation and boycotts in California. Many of them lost jobs or publicly intimidated and boycotted against the businesses, and we're pleading that that not be repeated."

You mean like the boycotts that took place in the south during the civil rights movement?? What an idiot.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:50AM

Isn't it interesting that Stapley pointed out that the letter was not official, but then went on to quote at length the church history and teachings regarding the "Negro" and encouraged George Romn*y to support the church position.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.