Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:55PM

I think non-discrimination should override religious practice every time. Oaks and I are in opposition on this matter, and I'm not budging any more than he is.

Uck Foaks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:58PM

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:18PM

I realized in reading the comments from lawmakers that some people really think that "balance" and religious protection is needed. I think its important that we help them see what they are proposing by doing one simple thing: replace LGBT in any proposal with "Mormon" or "white male."

Should a widow be able to deny housing to someone because he/she is Mormon? Should a college be able to reject someone because he is white?

If the proposal doesn't work that way for religion, something easily changed by baptism into another church, it shouldn't be ok to protect that kind of discrimination in the name of religion.

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:58PM

Well said. I'm sure that kind of comment would not be allowed on the DesNews. It's a good thing there are plenty of other locations where that comment is fine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.