Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:30PM

They're just now getting around to asking people why those long johns aren't comfortable?

Easy solution. Get rid of them. If they love them so much, make them part of the temple clothing fiasco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 05:30PM by madalice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:46PM

They're ugly as shit and there are Masonic symbols on the nipples! I wish they only had the one piece garments when I was 19, 'cause there's not a chance in hell I would have worn those. I could have escaped the cult a decade+ sooner.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:24PM

Make them optional or at least make them look like modern underwear

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:36PM

To the melody of the Underdog theme song:

When on the net the bloggers read
Of temples that are built on greed
And rob and steal from those who need
The thieves cry out a nutty screed
Blame underwear, Underwear!

See the skidmarks, feel the chafing
That's why members keep escaping
Underwear. Underwear!

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:38PM

Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:40PM

I'm so disgusted by this. I wore those damned things because they were supposed to be what God Himself wanted. Whatever.
They can change them however they want and they'll still be stupid.

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:42PM

Or if you'd like to respond to the survey, here's the URL: https://lds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1OdWPwwFV9o1qM5&cid=garmentfeedback

Enjoy!

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 09:36PM

Don't they capture your email address if you take their creepy survey?

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:01PM

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:16PM

They did a survey some years ago on The Jesus Jammies. The result was Carinessa2 - a pure plastic-thing with 10% Spandex. The worst of them ....ever! Ever! EVER!
Esp. in warm humid areas. Gross!
Actually they never fit me anyway. The Pants were too short. The Tops too tight and more than uncomfy at some areas. I only wore the bra over it once. It was not possible to do it in the realmostyle for me.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:28PM

I was part of that survey as well. My opinion must not have mattered much, because they didn't choose the style I chose.

I'm short, so I didn't mind the bottoms (if you have to wear Gs) but the top was sweaty and gross. I wore cotton tops and spandex bottoms.

I was sixty five years old before I owned a colored bra. That's just sad.

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:26PM

How many other churches ask their members about their sex lives, if they masterbait, or if they have given enough money? How many. And they want to know about my underwear?

MORMONS ARE WINNERS!

Posted by: MRM ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:43PM

I took the survey and recommended they make the emblem a lapel pin like the Girl Scouts did years ago. Now the official uniform of the Girl Scouts is the Girl Scouts emblem worn on any clothing.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:49PM

I did the survey for top and bottom and now they deny the access :/ I totally wanted to rate the onesies ....

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 08:23PM

For COB lurkers.

I will make it easy for you.

Make the ladies garments like something from Victoria secrets. No, not the crazy lacy budoir stuff, but nice, cute comfortable bra and panties. Done.

For the guys, www.tommyjohn.com. Done.

Oh, and colours other than white please.

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:14PM

No way would I wear a bra designed by anyone under the direction of the COB.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 08:29PM

Isn't it about time they made an app to remind you of your temple covenants? Or a piece of string? Or a note on your hand? Maybe a tattoo?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 08:32PM

They asked my opinion. I think that was a first. I accommodated their request.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:15PM

Would any change be by revelation?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:44PM

Isn't this a big deal...in the aspect that other than amongst themselves, mormons didn't talk about or acknowledge garments to nonmormons? They even had pictures..

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:00PM

Yeah. TSCC is led by a prophet, seer and revelator that needs an opinion poll to make a decision on magic underwear.

God,
If comfort is your highest priority and you are looking for an opinion, just read this forum, dumbsh!t.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:31AM

Sure is evident that the church/cult is going to all sorts of extremes to give the impression that they are caring and thinking of the members while, what is really happening is that they are needing to plug holes in the dam.

Members are still finding the exit sign, converts are mainly short on change for the tithing deal, and some media, like the New York Times, dares to not follow the church PR and actually publish real news say about the essay on Nauvoo polygamy.

Methinks the church/cult is not so very happy about quite a few things that are going on in their world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 01:33AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:03AM

Cheezuz they just have to come to the 21st century already.

Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 04:26AM

Maybe the question should be how many other churches dictate their members underwear?
Says it all really........

Posted by: The investigator ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 05:19AM

Just a thought about the prying into masturbation and sex lives.
it seems to rear it's ugly head quiet a lot.
Does the church question people about who they are thinking about when they are having sex with their partner. I mean that's masturbation too isn't it. Why just humiliate they young kids ans single members.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 05:37AM

It does not compare to outward religious garb meant to openly reflect position in a church or a sense of devotion.

The Mormon underwear is a form of embarrassing intrusiveness and secret cult domination. Mormon leaders would prefer that no one outside the cult knew they were controlling underwear sales and choices. Unfortunately for them, the word is out and the general public thinks it's a hoot.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 08:28AM

Garments have changed before.

http://1857massacre.com/MMM/mormon_underwear.htm

I predict that eventually garments for women will look like a sports bra on top and like short-short underwear for women. For men, IDK if it'll change that much. They're certainly due for a change. I can't think of something less appealing sexually than having to look at a partner in underwear like that.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:04PM

I was told they had a suggestion box of sorts, but at no time did they make garments to fit more than two sizes of women. If they are going to get into the garment industry, they need to know the different sizes and what they mean. Same for men.

General clothing comes in over a dozen sizes for women: junior, misses, plus size, just to name three of the major categories.
If you're a plus size and all you can get is a junior cut you are sh*t out of luck.

I got so frustrated, I talked to a lady in the Specials Dept who made a pattern for me, without lace that actually had seams in the correct place for comfortable wear. (Lace irritated my skin.)
The men's idea of the Specials Dept was for people who lost a leg, or some other problem, but the lady in charge understood the problem!!! She also said that the designs were changed by the women leaders and fit their bodies. At the time: it was pear shaped! I wrote to the head of the garments and he sent back a letter that indicated that he was not aware of what garment sizes were or how to design them. "Dumber than a box of rocks" was my analysis of his letter!!

Maybe someone is paying attention and noticing that women need more sizes, more fabrics, (silk would be excellent).
If they are going to mandate them for temple goers, they need to wise up and be intelligent about it.

I don't wear them, was one of the things I threw in the trash as I was not going to wear anything that reminded me of some weird temple covenants that were not valid anyhow.
All this imaginary stuff was just too far over the top. I was not going to go along with it anymore especially because it was clear from the get-go that Joseph Smith did not have any ancient records, made up imaginary people places and things and didn't translate anything which meant the whole church was based on belief by faith in his imagination. (Of course, the Bible didn't fair much better, or any other so-called sacred writings!)

Then again, how stupid does the church think their members are they they have to wear an official garment against their skin day and night to remind them of their covenants? HUH??? Isn't that reminiscent of the Old Testament and don't they claim that Jesus of the New Testament came to fulfill the old law? What's wrong with this picture??

My guess is that they will eventually have to do away with the undergarment except for the temple. That's the only place it makes sense in their teachings to wear it anyhow.

And on top of it all? I was not, not, not going to subject myself to anymore bastardized Masonic rituals in a Mormon temple. No way. Done.

All I can say is that I didn't know what it was really all about. Once I did, it was goodbye! Done. Not playing this game of nonsense anymore.

Others are free to believe anything they want, it's a human right, and we are also free to change our mind. I did and I never looked back: no regrets, guilt, shame. Just fun and laughter and a lot of giggles from then on!!
And yes, the garment strikes me funny! :-) I can't possibly take it seriously! (Or any of the claims or the leaders either.)

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:11PM

I admit I left a comment as general feedback, mentioning that some people have sensory issues with things like tags, lace, seams, etc, and that the best solution would be to only require garments at the temple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 03:12PM by adoylelb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.