Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 05:47PM

So in the latest email I see this new addition on the end of it.

"NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message."

Mormons are so dense sometimes. I've told her father and her sister that I want nothing to do with Mormonism. And yet these emails keep coming. I guess instead of reading them I should tell my brother not to send them. But I like following her mission. She is articulate in her writing an she is so very deluded by Mormonism.

This week's email was her detailing how her and her companion shoveled a long walk of an inactive person. Apparently, a non-Mormon person living with this inactive person who was known to not be friendly with the missionaries made them lunch to eat after their service.

And it was a miracle. Really? Seriously? So everything people do for you that is nice and unexpected is a miracle? How about there are good people out there who want to reciprocate kind deeds? Nah, Jesus has to be involved somehow...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 05:48PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 05:51PM

We used to get that message at the bottom of my stepsons e-mails when he was on a mission. He said it's like a disclaimer that the church puts on their e-mails.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 05:54PM

experience. Thank whomever I have no missionaries in my family. Let's see, my dad didn't go, only 1 of 3 brothers went, no grandchildren went on missions.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 07:20AM

Date: February 03, 2015 11:12AM

Ah, Okay. Maybe my brother never included that until now.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 05:52PM

nice for someone else, it is what? What are we trying to convert them to? What ulterior motives do we have?

I assume they send the e-mails to you so that something she says may soften your HARD HEART.

Date: February 02, 2015 06:09PM

I suspect so. Ugh! IT is so about the culture of church and not about just another family who love each other. Their love is Mormon love which is often judgmental and conditional. They can't love unconditionally. It is impossible for them.

When I was a baby this was Mormon love defined.

From 1971.
" I don’t recall much of her prayer, the tears and the joy and the sweetness, but I remember one thought: she thanked God for the unconditional love she had received. This life doesn’t give one very many chances to feel exultant and a little successful, but I felt wonderful that night, and thank God that she really believes and understands what she said. We cannot, my dear brethren, condition our love by a beard or beads or habits or strange viewpoints. There have to be standards and they must be enforced, but our love must be unconditional."
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1971/10/love-unconditional?lang=eng

When I was the age Jesus was crucified this was Mormon love defined.

"
Divine Love Is Also Conditional

While divine love can be called perfect, infinite, enduring, and universal, it cannot correctly be characterized as unconditional. The word does not appear in the scriptures. On the other hand, many verses affirm that the higher levels of love the Father and the Son feel for each of us—and certain divine blessings stemming from that love—are conditional. Before citing examples, it is well to recognize various forms of conditional expression in the scriptures."
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2003/02/divine-love?lang=eng

Closing on middle age Mormon love defined.

From 2009
"Some seem to value God’s love because of their hope that His love is so great and so unconditional that it will mercifully excuse them from obeying His laws. In contrast, those who understand God’s plan for His children know that God’s laws are invariable, which is another great evidence of His love for His children. Mercy cannot rob justice, 2 and those who obtain mercy are “they who have kept the covenant and observed the commandment” (D&C 54:6)."
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/love-and-law?lang=eng

It went completely from the pulpit saying we should have unconditional love to God's love is conditional to God's laws are evidence of God's love and only the obedient to God escape the evidence of God's love.

Welcome back God of the Old Testament!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 06:10PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 12:26AM

I've seen a very simular disclaimer on government e-mails. With so many e-mail addresses changing from time to time, or with a possibility of a typo sending personal info to the wrong person it kind of makes sense.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 08:39AM

Fairly standard disclaimer. If you google the phrase, you'll get tons of non-LDS hits. There's probably a recommendation to include it buried in somebody's 'best practices for communications' textbook.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.