Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 09:17PM

I was one of the caretakers for a convert who recently passed away from cancer. Her family were not members but they accepted our help with her care. They were cordial to me and I was cordial to them....of course, I'm sort of on the outs with the TBM's....but most TBM's didn't really help with her care either.

So, her memorial service was held in the Relief Society room and I was asked, right before the service, to speak. There we were, all of her family (3 adults and 2 grandchildren) and a few members of the ward, maybe 20 people in all.

I felt terrible because the entire service was pounding away at the fact that she was now a missionary in the kingdom and was doing all the things she couldn't do while on earth. I was appalled and humiliated for her family who looked distant.

I got up and read a scripture from Isaiah, which basically says: I am the Lord and I know your name. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. I will hold you in my hand.

And then I talked about HER, her spirit, love and curiosity. I talked about the love of the Lord for her children and grandchildren.

I sat down, and the bishop got up and started reading from the Book of Mormon--which her family does not accept. And talking about the hereafter and how she is now proclaiming the gospel to her family. I was literally sick at heart because there was no love in his message....none whatsoever.

It was Boyd Packer's idea to make funeral mini-sacrament services, but it was a piss-poor idea and gives comfort to no one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 09:41PM

I went to my uncles funeral and they had a newer bishop I guess.

Anyways Monson gets up and says a few words about my uncle and keeps it about him. (he was my uncles Bishop, when he and my aunt were young newlyweds)

So anyways the Bishop gets up and says, and I quote, because I will never forget this

"I didn't know Bob that well. He was sick and never attended, so I would like to spend the rest of the meeting kissing Thomas S. Monson's Butt..."

Actually the first 2 sentences are verbatim, I might have exaggerated the 2nd part 'slightly'

The guy went into his callings and all this service he had done for the church, and this and that...

My wife and I and most of my uncles family were disgusted with this goofball. Even Monson was glaring at him with a 'who the HELL is this guy?"

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 09:54PM

Wow. Unf*****gbelievable!

What a dipsh*t! Its someone's FUNERAL for crying out loud. Mormons being starstruck for GA's are so lame.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.